Questions

Outlook 2003 Problem

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Outlook 2003 Problem

simonettipaolo
I am having a problem with one user on my network. the account is a POP3, the problem her new emails are downloaded, (You see the Send and Receive Bar showing that the messages are downloading), but it doesn't show any of the emails in the inbox or anywhere else.

I have tried the Following:
1. Scanpst - found no problems
2. created a new pst file for the mail to be delived to - No effect
3. Reinstalling Office 2003
4. Installed SP3 for Office 2003.

I have her working on ThunderBird So I know for a fact that her account is working fine.

Please Assist.

Thank You.
  • +
    0 Votes
    Bizzo

Check to see if she has a rule to delete emails? Try sending one to herself and see where it goes.

+
    0 Votes

re

simonettipaolo

I've done that already she has no rules in place.

I have also tried sending an email to herself, it does the same thing, it downloads it but doesn't display it anywhere

+
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

Check the data file being used in the email account itself. Tools/Options/Mail Setup Tab... Go first to the Email Accounts button. In there, check near the bottom of the window to make sure new mail is being delivered to the "Personal Folders".

Also, maybe a silly question, but gotta ask.... Have you made sure the preview pane is turned on so you can see things in the mailboxes? Do you see a count of new messages next to the name of the "inbox" or any others?

• +
    0 Votes
    Bizzo

Check to see if she has a rule to delete emails? Try sending one to herself and see where it goes.

+
    0 Votes

re

simonettipaolo

I've done that already she has no rules in place.

I have also tried sending an email to herself, it does the same thing, it downloads it but doesn't display it anywhere

+
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

Check the data file being used in the email account itself. Tools/Options/Mail Setup Tab... Go first to the Email Accounts button. In there, check near the bottom of the window to make sure new mail is being delivered to the "Personal Folders".

Also, maybe a silly question, but gotta ask.... Have you made sure the preview pane is turned on so you can see things in the mailboxes? Do you see a count of new messages next to the name of the "inbox" or any others?