Questions

Outlook 2007 - Gif not supported.

+
0 Votes

Outlook 2007 - Gif not supported.

nishad.me
I am suing outlook 2007. If my mails contains Animated GIf. It shows as only a static image.

What steps need to be performed to resolve this issue??
+
0 Votes
david

Steps:
1. Double click the message in Outlook 2007 to open it in its own
Window.
2. On the "Message" toolbar, in the 2nd section, there is an "Other
Actions" button.
3. In the "Other Actions" drop-down menu, select "View in Browser".

Screen shot: http://www.b-o-b.org/outlook2007.jpg

^ That screen shot shows what I'm talking about. This is the first
time I've posted on TechRepublic, and if I'm not allowed to post
images, I apologize, please remove it, and I won't do it again.

+
0 Votes
shady108

mine works on outlook 2003 :)

have you got word setup as yuor default editor etc ? :)

also are you using html, rtf or plain text?

+
0 Votes
seanferd

posting links or pictures is fine, AFAIK. Never seen any issues with that, as long as the material does not violate the TOS and normal etiquette.
<br><br>
Pictures in your image were amusing. <br>

+
0 Votes
hassan

this is outlook bug and microsoft resolving it

+
0 Votes
modifiers

There is a website within Microsoft where a user posted the suggestion that animated GIF's within the body of an email is an important feature.

If we get enough people to vote hopefully we'll get Microsoft to revisit the code and support animated GIF's in Outlook 2007.

Here's the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d7118c2d-78aa-41e8-96fa-b1c11deccb09&dg=microsoft.public.design.gallery

+
0 Votes
gmaddie7

thought there is no fix for enable gif images in outlook 2007 yet you can view your gif images in just a few clicks.
when you open your gif content mails then go to "Other actions" then select "view in browser". you will see your mail and all animated contents in your browser.

+
0 Votes
Edwardagnel

I agree your point of view, but the issue is that we cant add a PS note saying please view the mail in browser. Just mail the animated Gif and read the message feel :)...