Questions

Outlook 2007 not working with Verizon Send and Receive issues.

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Outlook 2007 not working with Verizon Send and Receive issues.

fredscomprepair
I'm using Windows Vista. My new outlook 2007 will load my e-mail account, and will test sat. However when I try to connect, Send/Receive, No incoming mail and no outgoing. And yes I checked the box, My ISP requires authentication. Especially for Verizon? Also Send and Receive button missing when you try to send new mail? What really gets me though, is, it works fine with my other DELL computer? Any Ideas on how to get Outlook 2007 working with Verizon???
  • +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

If you don't have a Send/Receive button, then the email account is not set up properly. It's as simple as that.

Best call for Tech Support from Verizon, if that's your ISP. They usually have downloadable instructions on how to set up your email account on Outlook.

+
    0 Votes
    fredscomprepair

I know that. And yes there seems to be an issue with Verizon, and yes I inputed there corrected set-ups, still no go. I just thought someone out there had the same issue? So far I have read allot about issues with Outlook 2007, turn this on, turn this off, and adjust this. Why does MS make a product so hard to use?

+
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

Again... CALL Verizon. Don't just go by the instructions they've put on their web site to download. Something in the account setup isn't right, or you would have the send/receive button.

+
    0 Votes
    afarmer

I have a similar problem, in that I cannot send or receive e-mail in Outlook 2007. My ISP is also Verizon, more specifically, Verizon/Yahoo. The only thing different is I have a send/receive button present. The way I work around this is to login to Verizon/Yahoo and then run Outlook 2007 and all is well. Don't ask me how this is so. I've spend hours with Verizon tech support (most reps are not very knowledgeable) and they kept telling me it was a software problem. I totally agree with Thumbs Up, the problem lies with the ISP, I just can't figure out what it is. Anyway, try my method of logging in to Verizon, run Outlook and see what happens.

• +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

If you don't have a Send/Receive button, then the email account is not set up properly. It's as simple as that.

Best call for Tech Support from Verizon, if that's your ISP. They usually have downloadable instructions on how to set up your email account on Outlook.

+
    0 Votes
    fredscomprepair

I know that. And yes there seems to be an issue with Verizon, and yes I inputed there corrected set-ups, still no go. I just thought someone out there had the same issue? So far I have read allot about issues with Outlook 2007, turn this on, turn this off, and adjust this. Why does MS make a product so hard to use?

+
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

Again... CALL Verizon. Don't just go by the instructions they've put on their web site to download. Something in the account setup isn't right, or you would have the send/receive button.

+
    0 Votes
    afarmer

I have a similar problem, in that I cannot send or receive e-mail in Outlook 2007. My ISP is also Verizon, more specifically, Verizon/Yahoo. The only thing different is I have a send/receive button present. The way I work around this is to login to Verizon/Yahoo and then run Outlook 2007 and all is well. Don't ask me how this is so. I've spend hours with Verizon tech support (most reps are not very knowledgeable) and they kept telling me it was a software problem. I totally agree with Thumbs Up, the problem lies with the ISP, I just can't figure out what it is. Anyway, try my method of logging in to Verizon, run Outlook and see what happens.