Questions

Outlook 2007: Unable to send emails

+
0 Votes

Outlook 2007: Unable to send emails

forum-addict
I am using Windows Xp pro with sp2; I recently upgraded office 2003 to office 2007 everything is fine except the outlook module. I am able to receive mails but unable to send any i.e. whenever I am trying to send any mails its giving me an error saying
?The message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook?
Even after restart the problem is the same, I have tried reinstalling office but the problem remains. I checked my SMTP setting and they are fine. So I tried Google but found nothing of use. Even I tried creating a new profile using
?outlook.exe /promptimportprf \\localfolder\outlook.prf?
But again it?s of no use.
Anyone plz help.

Clarifications

mehra10al

That can be Outlook PST File problem, Contact www.repair-outlook-pst-file.com to resolve the issue. They provide complete outlook support.

• +
    0 Votes
    w2ktechman

Create a .pst file
    move all of your Inbox messages to that file
    create another .pst file
    move all of your sent items messages to that file

Try a send/receive now

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

first of all thanks for replying, secondly will give it a try and get back to u.

+
    0 Votes
    anders_emajl

Hi,

had similary problem due to a crazy mail layib?ng in the outbox, blocking send funtionality.

+
    0 Votes

hi

forum-addict

i have even tried creating a new pst file but it still doesn't work

some one plz help

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

tried what u suggest, but is not working still the same problem

+
    0 Votes
    scott_heath

I don't have out look in front of me, but when you go into the profile properties you can click the advanced button and their is a tab for smtp or some such. On it you can check the box that says to use the same credentials when sending mail as you do when receiving. I've seen this get unchecked and then outlook doesn't know what to do.

+
    0 Votes
    scott_heath

I'm also not terrible familiar with the method you used to create the new profile. Outlook profiles have long been the source of many headaches. Go into the Mail control panel applet and remove the current profile and then manually create it step by step. If all else fails just re-install the app and see if it fixes it. Easier and faster than troubleshooting in many cases.

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

i have removed all the profiles from control panel> mail> show profiles> removed all the old profile and profile backups. Created a new profile, reconfigured mail settings and of course deleted all the application data i.e .pst files, .srs files But still no use , still i am receiving the same message while sending mails. i don't know what to do i have already reinstalled my office 2007 twice.

+
    0 Votes
    scott_heath

Uninstall all Office versions and delete all registry keys for office. Reboot and install Office again. Plain uninstalls don't remove everything and reinstalls will skip anything that's there.

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

which registry keys should i delete?

+
    0 Votes
    scott_heath

Software\Microsoft\Office under both HKLM and HKCU

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

uninstalled office 2007, deleted Software\Microsoft\Office under both HKLM and HKCU, restarted my system and reinstalled office. still the problem resides.

http://i17.tinypic.com/47dlnvk.gif

+
    0 Votes
    omkar.joshi

Have you ebooks for troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook 2007 step-by-step?

Plz give me a particular link if u have.
    Thanks

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

are you talking about this : hXXp://i13.tinypic.com/2wcfm34.gif

then yes i have checked it.

+
    0 Votes
    dpotter555

Sometime the firewall (if you have one) is overlooked and can be the source of many connection problems. Try disabling any software or hardware firewall and try again.

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

no use

+
    0 Votes
    samlow

I would be extremely grateful if someone could explain a simple way (if it exists) of rolling back from Office 2007 to Office 2003. I have exactly the same issue as described above with Outlook. THe problem outweighs any benefits of using 2007. Many thanks, Sam

+
    0 Votes
    w2ktechman

and have only used it a little so far (beta version), It should not be hard to roll it back.
    Try uninstalling it. Then try installing 03 again. If it fails, ry uninstalling 03, and look through the registry to remove any office settings that linger. You may also obtain a reg tool which could help o find these broken link files.

Then re-install Office again, should be back to normal.
    Or
    try system restore to a date before Office 07 was installed.

+
    0 Votes
    samlow

Thanks techman. Just to be sure, would doing this delete all of my messages etc? Should I create a .PST file of my messages and addresses? (I am not sure how I do this either!). Currently i am using Thunderbird from Mozilla as my Outlook is more than useless. Word 07 also seems to be effected. There seems to be no simple way of communicating this back to Microsoft, and i am sure they would like to hear about it.

+
    0 Votes
    w2ktechman

you remove all of the reg entries for your .pst files. If you can, try moving everything into .pst files, then copy them to a cd/dvd/external HDD.

Then remove all Office reg entries, or use a registry utility that will remove them. Most reg. utilities will allow to backup the removed data so that if a problem occurs, you can re-add them. This is suggested over making changes if the reg. is unfamiliar to you.

But, just uninstalling and then re-installing Office, should work, and will not remove your mail. Then again, it is always good to back-up data.

+
    0 Votes
    allen1mason

If your still want outlook 2007.

turn off any software firewalls

Had same problem delete acct create a new one

DO NOT manually config let Outlook do it.
    type name, e-mail address and password hit next.
    can take up to 4 or 5 min.

+
    0 Votes
    biz06

I had the same problem...running WinXP, upgraded from Office XP to Office 2007.

After reading all of the responses to this thread, what seems to work is to uncheck the "My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication" (or using the "Auto Account Setup").

+
    0 Votes
    onefromoz

Hey, I had exactly the same thing happen to me. And I stopped using Outlook 2007. Then, some weeks later, my work collague asked me why I was not using outlook 2007. (Silly) Me having already forgotten the reason switched back to Outlook 2007. And then Ooops yes you've guessed it, It Will Not Send My Emails !!!! The problem I found (I am using Sygate personal firewall) My personal fire wall even without giving me a message was blocking Outlook 2007. Try disabling your personal firewall!

+
    0 Votes
    jamesb480

Emails are one of best medium to communication. It is best application for both business use and personal. But you you know how it is frustrating and annoying when Outlook mails become inaccessible and users not able to access mail. This situation arises due to virus and malware infection , application failure. It start giving Outlook does not responding etc.It suggested to take immediate solution to make access Outlook mails. With the help of manual steps these can be easily solved. However it does not help all the time. Best is to best step to get rid from this situation.

http://deleted.repairoutlook2007.com

+
    0 Votes
    PurpleSkys Moderator

once again, this is a dead post.

• +
    0 Votes
    w2ktechman

Create a .pst file
    move all of your Inbox messages to that file
    create another .pst file
    move all of your sent items messages to that file

Try a send/receive now

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

first of all thanks for replying, secondly will give it a try and get back to u.

+
    0 Votes
    anders_emajl

Hi,

had similary problem due to a crazy mail layib?ng in the outbox, blocking send funtionality.

+
    0 Votes

hi

forum-addict

i have even tried creating a new pst file but it still doesn't work

some one plz help

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

tried what u suggest, but is not working still the same problem

+
    0 Votes
    scott_heath

I don't have out look in front of me, but when you go into the profile properties you can click the advanced button and their is a tab for smtp or some such. On it you can check the box that says to use the same credentials when sending mail as you do when receiving. I've seen this get unchecked and then outlook doesn't know what to do.

+
    0 Votes
    scott_heath

I'm also not terrible familiar with the method you used to create the new profile. Outlook profiles have long been the source of many headaches. Go into the Mail control panel applet and remove the current profile and then manually create it step by step. If all else fails just re-install the app and see if it fixes it. Easier and faster than troubleshooting in many cases.

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

i have removed all the profiles from control panel> mail> show profiles> removed all the old profile and profile backups. Created a new profile, reconfigured mail settings and of course deleted all the application data i.e .pst files, .srs files But still no use , still i am receiving the same message while sending mails. i don't know what to do i have already reinstalled my office 2007 twice.

+
    0 Votes
    scott_heath

Uninstall all Office versions and delete all registry keys for office. Reboot and install Office again. Plain uninstalls don't remove everything and reinstalls will skip anything that's there.

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

which registry keys should i delete?

+
    0 Votes
    scott_heath

Software\Microsoft\Office under both HKLM and HKCU

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

uninstalled office 2007, deleted Software\Microsoft\Office under both HKLM and HKCU, restarted my system and reinstalled office. still the problem resides.

http://i17.tinypic.com/47dlnvk.gif

+
    0 Votes
    omkar.joshi

Have you ebooks for troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook 2007 step-by-step?

Plz give me a particular link if u have.
    Thanks

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

are you talking about this : hXXp://i13.tinypic.com/2wcfm34.gif

then yes i have checked it.

+
    0 Votes
    dpotter555

Sometime the firewall (if you have one) is overlooked and can be the source of many connection problems. Try disabling any software or hardware firewall and try again.

+
    0 Votes
    forum-addict

no use

+
    0 Votes
    samlow

I would be extremely grateful if someone could explain a simple way (if it exists) of rolling back from Office 2007 to Office 2003. I have exactly the same issue as described above with Outlook. THe problem outweighs any benefits of using 2007. Many thanks, Sam

+
    0 Votes
    w2ktechman

and have only used it a little so far (beta version), It should not be hard to roll it back.
    Try uninstalling it. Then try installing 03 again. If it fails, ry uninstalling 03, and look through the registry to remove any office settings that linger. You may also obtain a reg tool which could help o find these broken link files.

Then re-install Office again, should be back to normal.
    Or
    try system restore to a date before Office 07 was installed.

+
    0 Votes
    samlow

Thanks techman. Just to be sure, would doing this delete all of my messages etc? Should I create a .PST file of my messages and addresses? (I am not sure how I do this either!). Currently i am using Thunderbird from Mozilla as my Outlook is more than useless. Word 07 also seems to be effected. There seems to be no simple way of communicating this back to Microsoft, and i am sure they would like to hear about it.

+
    0 Votes
    w2ktechman

you remove all of the reg entries for your .pst files. If you can, try moving everything into .pst files, then copy them to a cd/dvd/external HDD.

Then remove all Office reg entries, or use a registry utility that will remove them. Most reg. utilities will allow to backup the removed data so that if a problem occurs, you can re-add them. This is suggested over making changes if the reg. is unfamiliar to you.

But, just uninstalling and then re-installing Office, should work, and will not remove your mail. Then again, it is always good to back-up data.

+
    0 Votes
    allen1mason

If your still want outlook 2007.

turn off any software firewalls

Had same problem delete acct create a new one

DO NOT manually config let Outlook do it.
    type name, e-mail address and password hit next.
    can take up to 4 or 5 min.

+
    0 Votes
    biz06

I had the same problem...running WinXP, upgraded from Office XP to Office 2007.

After reading all of the responses to this thread, what seems to work is to uncheck the "My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication" (or using the "Auto Account Setup").

+
    0 Votes
    onefromoz

Hey, I had exactly the same thing happen to me. And I stopped using Outlook 2007. Then, some weeks later, my work collague asked me why I was not using outlook 2007. (Silly) Me having already forgotten the reason switched back to Outlook 2007. And then Ooops yes you've guessed it, It Will Not Send My Emails !!!! The problem I found (I am using Sygate personal firewall) My personal fire wall even without giving me a message was blocking Outlook 2007. Try disabling your personal firewall!

+
    0 Votes
    jamesb480

Emails are one of best medium to communication. It is best application for both business use and personal. But you you know how it is frustrating and annoying when Outlook mails become inaccessible and users not able to access mail. This situation arises due to virus and malware infection , application failure. It start giving Outlook does not responding etc.It suggested to take immediate solution to make access Outlook mails. With the help of manual steps these can be easily solved. However it does not help all the time. Best is to best step to get rid from this situation.

http://deleted.repairoutlook2007.com

+
    0 Votes
    PurpleSkys Moderator

once again, this is a dead post.