Questions

Outlook XP/2003 printing problems small font size since IE7 update

+
0 Votes

Outlook XP/2003 printing problems small font size since IE7 update

swisstonihasher
Has anyone else experienced problems with random emails printing in small fonts from Outlook XP/2003?

No pattern seems to exist as an email from an external source can have the small font print problem (with no header) and yet the next email from them will be fine. If you copy and paste the email text (which "views" normally from Outlook) into word it prints normally.

On checking HTML settings for fonts, all users that have this issue are set the same as everyone else, ie medium text size.

Please let me know if you've experienced this...
Clarifications Clarifications
+
0 Votes
swisstonihasher
Collapse -

I've experienced both small font prints from HTML emails, plus no headers etc on others, all since ie7 install.

I've read on another forum that MS are aware of the problem and looking at a patch asap - hope so.

Def not printer related as I've tried all sorts, network Xerox's, local USB HP's, list of printers used is endless and all the same results from users with this problem.

+
0 Votes
jerrymeek
Collapse -

it seems that i also have this problem printing from map quest. most other sites print ok

+
0 Votes
Benyben6
Collapse -

Do you still have the link the that forum you're talking about?

A microsoft KB article would be nice too, if you have it.

Thanks!

+
0 Votes
slumsden
Collapse -

Yes I just deployed 25 new units w/Office 2003 SP2 w/ IE7 and it didn't take long for users to point out the problem.
what up!!

S

+
0 Votes
yavarp
Collapse -

I found the same problem but it is random, in some mails only it prints very small fonts

+
0 Votes
swisstonihasher
Collapse -

You'll find the problem relates to emails sent in HTML format (rich and plain text emails are fine).

Anyone know if Microsoft have sorted a fix yet?

+
0 Votes
swisstonihasher
Collapse -

Still constantly watching out for updates from MS, but nothing yet...anyone have more info?

+
0 Votes
Benyben6
Collapse -

I had the same issue (emails print way too small, and no headers). This is with Outlook 2003

I was able to print e-mails fine after I did the following:
-Tools, options
-In preferences tab, click e-mail options...
-Under Message Handling, check "Read all standard mail in plain text"
-Restart oulook, and you should be able to print e-mails fine. Hopefully we'll be able to print in html soon.

+
0 Votes
swisstonihasher
Collapse -

I'm trying to "read all standard mail in plain text" option now...

+
0 Votes
witewolf1
Collapse -

It Works thanks.