Questions

Outlook XP/2003 printing problems small font size since IE7 update

+
0 Votes

Outlook XP/2003 printing problems small font size since IE7 update

swisstonihasher
Has anyone else experienced problems with random emails printing in small fonts from Outlook XP/2003?

No pattern seems to exist as an email from an external source can have the small font print problem (with no header) and yet the next email from them will be fine. If you copy and paste the email text (which "views" normally from Outlook) into word it prints normally.

On checking HTML settings for fonts, all users that have this issue are set the same as everyone else, ie medium text size.

Please let me know if you've experienced this...
Clarifications Clarifications
+
0 Votes
skaiblue
Collapse -

Microsoft has a beta hotfix available upon request but states that it also intends to include this global fix in its next service pack. Click their link for more details.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932538

+
0 Votes
tdendinger
Collapse -

I have already tried that and it failed. I have tried all updates and patches to XP, IE7, & Office 2003. Nothing has fixed it. IE 7 is junk period.

+
0 Votes
Pachego
Collapse -

I'm having the same problem. I've printed the same email from Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007. The text on the 2003 printout in tiny and the text on the 2007 printout in normal. Have you found a resolution yet?

+
0 Votes
Kr1s
Collapse -
+
0 Votes
david.buckley
Collapse -

THere is a fix available for the no headers issue.

Check it out here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/931657

Unfortunately MS have not yet really really released the patch as you need to ring them first before you can get the patch.

DAVE

:)

PS. I don't think that magnifying glass pictures are especially helpful at this point. Whilst very funny, having misleading titles kinda irritate when people such as myself are under pressure to resolve issues. (I'm just shitty cause there isn't a fix yet and I'm being hounded daily by people whinging at me and managers who won't let me stop the rollout of IE 7.0)

+
0 Votes
jakepancake
Collapse -

I've been having the same issues after IE7 install. Received the hotfix for no headers in Outlook but still stumped on tiny print in messages sent in HTML. Please someone post whether this has been resolved yet if you know. Sometimes people forget to follow up. Thanks!

+
0 Votes
mrstegs
Collapse -

The outlook hotfix only fixed the header problem, the small font issue persists.

+
0 Votes
dvanderbilt
Collapse -

Any word on a fix from MS yet?

+
0 Votes
tdendinger
Collapse -

If the managers are forcing you to roll out IE 7 and they know it is causing a problem, they're just asking for it. I've heard IE 8 Beta resolves it so you may want to try that on a "test system". Good luck.

+
0 Votes
wigginsm
Collapse -

I have noticed that all the emails that my users have given me with the small font print usually contain 1 or more replys to the original email. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, does anyone have a work around that keeps the html format?