Questions

Answer for:

PC Burn-In testing - no interaction needed. Possible?

Message 3 of 4

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
HAL 9000 Moderator

What do the banks in your country have on their Safe Software Lists?

Here any device that connects to any way into a banks system is responsible for any security breaches that they introduce and the company who supplies them is Financially Responsible for the breach. That is most times measured int he Billions of $ and now particularly after the breaches of Infected ATM's in Europe is something I would be very wary of. It's also something that no software company I have ever dealt with will find acceptable and they will want to withdraw from the process faster than anything I have ever seen happen.

We had to study those Infections and supposedly stop them from happening here and in every case that I have seen it was sloppy to no security being Implemented that allowed them to start. Even the Bean Counters have had to admit that Cheapest isn't always best and in many cases far worse than nothing at all.

But then again because I work in Security maybe I have a different prospective though I have yet to get any Accountant to sign off on one of their suggestions and take responsibility for the decisions that they want to implement.

Col