Questions

Power button broke on Toshiba Satellite A105 Laptop

+
0 Votes

Power button broke on Toshiba Satellite A105 Laptop

Kevhouse0308
Hey guys,
The power button on my laptop was loose and sliding around for about three months. Today it finally broke off when someone tried to power it up. Is there any way I can install a replacement button or power it up without a button? I tried most of the obvious solutions, and nothing worked. If you'd like to see pictures, I can have those uploaded later.
+
0 Votes
OldER Mycroft
Collapse -

That you tried?

+
0 Votes
Kevhouse0308
Collapse -

Well i tried simply trying to place the button back in place myself, trying to turn it on using a pen, etc.

+
0 Votes
OldER Mycroft
Collapse -

I tried chasing online sources for Tosh parts but the power button doesn't seem to be a big seller.

The chances are it's probably a stock item that might just turn up in an Electronics Warehouse-type retailer - but without knowing what it looks like...

+
0 Votes
Kevhouse0308
Collapse -

Well I just finished backing up my hard drive last night, and I talked to Bestbuy, they told me they could have it checked out in about two weeks. I'm pretty sure the button's just broken, but a salesman at Fry's Electronics insisted that something was snapped or broken. Good thing I didn't give it to them to repair, turns out they wanted $100 just to look at it and they said it would take 6-8 weeks to tell me that the button was, in fact, broken.

+
0 Votes
OldER Mycroft
Collapse -

Over the Big Pond, here in the UK, we've got an electronics chain called Maplin Electronics, -it's a bit like Radio Shack (called Tandy over here) - only a lot, lot, better.

It's my guess that if you were to take your laptop around on a forage to some electronics places, I'll bet someone would recognise the power button as a "standard" stock item, which probably only costs a few dollars.

I cannot imagine that the only thing that power button is used in, is a Toshiba laptop.

Good luck.

+
0 Votes
OldER Mycroft
Collapse -

Found this on my wanderings through the mirk of the net:

http://people.wwc.edu/staff/stirra/misc/t2545fix/

Lots of little piccies and diatribe - might just give you a hint , particularly the suppliers at the bottom of the article.

Good luck.

+
0 Votes
helenknapp
Collapse -

my power botton on my laptop is broke need help

+
0 Votes
Wendywb
Collapse -

I have the same issue, looking for part #