Questions

Print Spooler Problem With Terminal Services on Win2003 Server

+
0 Votes

Print Spooler Problem With Terminal Services on Win2003 Server

jaco.priester
Print Spooler Problem With Terminal Services on Win2003 Server.The print spooler hangs and i have to resatart the print spooler.
+
0 Votes
dgreene

Did you find a solution to your issue? I have been having the same problem. Thanks

+
0 Votes
johnr

I was having the same print spool problem with my windows 2003 Terminal Services. I tried the following and it fixed my problem.

1. Stop print spooler.
2. Go to the system32 folder in Windows.
3. Open the Spool folder.
4. open the Printers folder.
5. Delet everything inside the printer folder.
6. Restart the print spooler. That should fix the problem.

+
0 Votes
techie3000

This solution helped me, we have had the spooler crashing on one of our citrix servers for a few days now. I made the change, and no more errors.

Thanks,

Phillip

+
0 Votes
sebacosentino

Gente .

Para poder imprimir localmente por USB o LPT a trav?s de una aplicaci?n que corra por Terminal Server en un puesto XP / vista o 7 deben realizar lo siguiente:

En el servidor Windows 2003 con licencias de terminal Server activadas

1- Desinstalar todos los drivers de impresoras de terceros que hallan instalado ustedes (HP , EPSON,etc).
Nota: No tiene que quedar nada en el registro de Windows .
2- Desde una consola de comandos (cmd) ejecuta el comando gpedit.msc luego en ?Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates /Windows Component / Terminal Server /Client Server Data Redirection? habilitar la opci?n Terminal Server Fallback Printer ... con ?Default to PCL if one is not found?
3- Desde una consola de comandos ejecuta el comando change use /install
3-Descargar e instalar el servicio "User Profile Helper Cleanup"" lo podes bajar de http://blogs.technet.com/uphclean/

Y listo , se acabaron los problemas de impresi?n !!!!!

De esta forma Windows utiliza sus drivers nativos de impresion emulando cualquier impresora (LPT o USB) .

+
0 Votes
slslusher

Did anyone find an answer for this. We are having the same problem.
Thanks

+
0 Votes
antonk

Hi

Have you found a solution for this problem?

Thanks

+
0 Votes
ncurley

I was having this problem for months and tried several different things. It was happening multiple times a day. The last thing I tried was to change the port from a HP Standard Port (I think) to a Standard TCP/IP on all printers. I haven't had to restart the spooler since (3 weeks)

+
0 Votes
lee-anne

Hi
I found that some of the drivers were 16bit and this caused printer spooler services to stop. I then went to print server properties, deleted any printers with drivers other than windows2000 and up version, installed the latest drivers of the deleted printers and this has resolved my problem

+
0 Votes
Menopausal

We resolved the issue by doing a couple of things:
1. Therapeutic restarts of the spooler service on an interval shorter than the average amount of time between hangs.
2. Switching to MS print processor vs. the HP versions(ie WinPrint over HPZPPxx.dll).
3. Switching to MS drivers vs. the HP versions, particularly for HP 8100 and HP 4200's.
Here's a synopsis of all the possible steps:

1. Remove OEM HP LaserJet 4200 and 4250 series printer drivers

2. Use the Inbox HP 4100 Series PCL which will work on the HP 4200 Series printers

3. Remove the dependencies for the hpzpp38q.dll then delete the file by stopping the spooler service.

4. a. Configure Antivirus not to scan the extensions .SHD, SPL, and .BUD files

b. Update A/V filter driver to latest version at http://entkb.symantec.com/security/output/n1998092408260848.html
c. Keep disk/controller drivers to latest versions

6. Use Inbox HP 8150 instead of OEM HP 8150

7. Apply the latest spooler binaries by install Hotfixes

+
0 Votes
jim.kramer

I found restarts of the spooler to be a pain... if users are printing at the exact time you restart the service, it seemed to cause issues with their print jobs. I was not happy with that solution. Why hasn't Microsoft addressed this???

+
0 Votes
cricure

make batch script
net stop spooler
net start spooler

you can try tsprint

<a href="http://www.terminalworks.com/">Terminal Server Printing</a>