Questions

Printing labels in MS Word 2003 and 2007

+
0 Votes

Printing labels in MS Word 2003 and 2007

pctrain
I have created custom size labels in MS Word 2003 and 2007 linking to an Excel list. The labels print progressively higher up on each one but the size is perfect and it also looks perfect in Print Preview

I then created new labels using Tower W110 (it is a listed label in Word?s label list). The same problem occurred. The first label is perfect, then they start moving up in small increments. By the fourth row of labels the first two lines of the address are printing on the bottom of the previous label! Any solutions out there???

I am in Africa and we print on A4 paper and labels come on A4 sheets.
  • +
    0 Votes

Hmm

mamies

To me it sounds like the template is a little bit off what is on the paper. We has an issue similar with CD Labels.

How I fixed my issue was that I measured up each part of the paper that was being printed on and created a template myself for it.

Also an easier solution, that i didnt have the luxury of, was trying to contact the manufacturer to get a template off them that may work.

Thanks,

+
    0 Votes
    pctrain

Thanks Mamies - I don't know why I never thought of creating a template as you describe myself. (Blonde moment). I am going to give that a try and also see if the manufacturer has a template that works better.

• +
    0 Votes

Hmm

mamies

To me it sounds like the template is a little bit off what is on the paper. We has an issue similar with CD Labels.

How I fixed my issue was that I measured up each part of the paper that was being printed on and created a template myself for it.

Also an easier solution, that i didnt have the luxury of, was trying to contact the manufacturer to get a template off them that may work.

Thanks,

+
    0 Votes
    pctrain

Thanks Mamies - I don't know why I never thought of creating a template as you describe myself. (Blonde moment). I am going to give that a try and also see if the manufacturer has a template that works better.