Questions

Problem while accessing a shared resource in a windows 2000 domain

+
0 Votes

Problem while accessing a shared resource in a windows 2000 domain

When i try to access the shared resources of the windows 2000 domain, its asking for authentication

I am running an ERP script in an INF file which has the ip address of the server and the name of the file to be run Example:\\ipaddress\filename

When i execute this from an XP workstation i am getting an error message path not found

In Run command when i type \\servername or \\server it is asking for user id and password for connecting to the shared resource of the server.. I have to used administrator id for connecting to the server and only after that I can execute this ERP script..

I am getting this message sometimes even when i am logged in as an administrator.. In such case, i have to use some other user id with admin rights for connection..

I am breaking my head to find out a solution to this problem but never managed to find yet..

Please help

rgds
sudarsan
  • +
    0 Votes
    Toivo Talikka

Do you know if the administrator login name and password you used before were for the local XP workstation or the Windows 2000 Server domain?

Perhaps the stored login credentials in the server which you are trying to access have changed. Can anyone else access the shared resources?

• +
    0 Votes
    Toivo Talikka

Do you know if the administrator login name and password you used before were for the local XP workstation or the Windows 2000 Server domain?

Perhaps the stored login credentials in the server which you are trying to access have changed. Can anyone else access the shared resources?