Answer for:

Problem with Web Browser or possibly internet

Message 8 of 30

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
Jacky Howe

Registry:

Download and install CCleaner to tidy up your Registry. Backup the Registry as you go along, rescan again and again saving as you go until there are no errors left.

Cleaner: Windows

When you first open Ccleaner you will have an option to Analyze or Run Cleaner, after checking the left Pane and making your choices. Delete all Temp Files. If you scroll down you will see a greyed out box that has Advanced next to it. Left click on it and keep pressing OK to all of the responses. I normally Untick Windows Log Files and Memory Dumps as they may come in handy.

You don't have to install all of the add ons or shortcuts just the one to the Desktop.

http://www.ccleaner.com/download

Click Start, Run type msconfig and press Enter.

Now if you have the Configuration Utility open.
Configure selective startup options
In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup.
Click to clear the Process SYSTEM.INI File check box.
Click to clear the Process WIN.INI File check box.
Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box. Verify that Load System Services and Use Original BOOT.INI are checked.
Click the Services tab.
Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
Click Disable All, and then click OK.
When you are prompted, save the settings and restart the PC.

If it is working in Normal mode re-enable one item at a time until you find out what is causing the problems.
When you have it sorted out re-run the Configuration Utility and in the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Normal Startup.

<i>Keep us informed as to your progress if you require further assistance.</i>