Questions

question on ms exchange 2003 + outtlook 2003.

+
0 Votes

question on ms exchange 2003 + outtlook 2003.

sezua2000
hi!

whenever i logon in my outlook connected to exchange 2003, a dialog box appear with
" Exchange is currently in recovery mode. you can either connect to your exchange server using network, work offline or cancel this logon "

what could be the problem?
what/ where could be the source of the problem?
How can i solve it?
How can i stop this?
it doesnt appear to other.

i tried to read and follow instruction from outlook help but it didnt help.

thanks.
  • +
    0 Votes
    umar_q50

i had this problem once and i follow this procedure to finish this problem.
    go to contorl panel open mail and click on email account.if you have already account on outlook then select the 2nd option which is 'view or change exsistng email accounts.or if you havent done this before then click on 'add a new email account.
    then if you are using 'exchange server'then select 'microsoft exchange server' and on next step put your server name and your user id and click on check name.after cliking on check name a line should be come under your exchange server name and user name.then click next and finish.
    now try to log in again on outlook you are not going to face this problem.
    if this helps you then reply me plz..
    tc

+
    0 Votes
    sezua2000

thanks buddy

But still the dialog come up when i open my outlook.
    the option am thinking is to remove the e mail from the server them add it as new. But this will be the last option if i failed to solve it.
    But i want to kno the other ways before i try mine coz i have a feeling that this can be done.

+
    0 Votes
    umar_q50

na this option is not going to remove your account from your server.its just for set up again on the client system because your emails are saved on exchange serve.
    if you try this hope its sorted your problem.because i had the same problem and i reconfigure my account on that system and its sorted the problem.
    bye

+
    0 Votes
    sezua2000

exactly i meant reconfigure my account.
    Thank you for sharing your idea.

+
    0 Votes
    umar_q50

IS YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

+
    0 Votes

NO

Genera-nation

WHY?

• +
    0 Votes
    umar_q50

i had this problem once and i follow this procedure to finish this problem.
    go to contorl panel open mail and click on email account.if you have already account on outlook then select the 2nd option which is 'view or change exsistng email accounts.or if you havent done this before then click on 'add a new email account.
    then if you are using 'exchange server'then select 'microsoft exchange server' and on next step put your server name and your user id and click on check name.after cliking on check name a line should be come under your exchange server name and user name.then click next and finish.
    now try to log in again on outlook you are not going to face this problem.
    if this helps you then reply me plz..
    tc

+
    0 Votes
    sezua2000

thanks buddy

But still the dialog come up when i open my outlook.
    the option am thinking is to remove the e mail from the server them add it as new. But this will be the last option if i failed to solve it.
    But i want to kno the other ways before i try mine coz i have a feeling that this can be done.

+
    0 Votes
    umar_q50

na this option is not going to remove your account from your server.its just for set up again on the client system because your emails are saved on exchange serve.
    if you try this hope its sorted your problem.because i had the same problem and i reconfigure my account on that system and its sorted the problem.
    bye

+
    0 Votes
    sezua2000

exactly i meant reconfigure my account.
    Thank you for sharing your idea.

+
    0 Votes
    umar_q50

IS YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

+
    0 Votes