Questions

rdp Server 2008 R2

+
0 Votes

rdp Server 2008 R2

TheBOFH
Im running a Server 2008 R2 enterprise on a Dell R710. The server is running HyperV with 1 active 2003 server for storage Im running a dell Md3000i. The problem I keep running into is when I rdp onto the 2008 server it hangs on welcome. If I try and reboot from comand line it hangs and I need to hard boot the server. Any ideas what could be causing this?
  • +
    0 Votes
    darkstate

Have you checked the servers Event viewer?
    That will spit out most problems so you can have a start point.
    It could be you haven't got permission to use the rdp session,even if you are the admin you have to set the permission to use it.

+
    0 Votes
    lmalhoit Contributor

You might check the security settings for RDP. 2008 has the ability to do a less secure connection.

Also, have you asked another user to try to logon...and does it do the same thing for that user. It could be something wrong with that particular profile trying to logon. Maybe you'll need to get rid of that profile and redo it.

+
    0 Votes
    darkstate

In your client look to see if it set to automatic, If its set to one of the other settings then your server might not use that setting.
    As lauren said the profile might have been setup to not use auto..
    Get back in touch so we can see how you overcome the problem,It might help someone else in the future.

• +
    0 Votes
    darkstate

Have you checked the servers Event viewer?
    That will spit out most problems so you can have a start point.
    It could be you haven't got permission to use the rdp session,even if you are the admin you have to set the permission to use it.

+
    0 Votes
    lmalhoit Contributor

You might check the security settings for RDP. 2008 has the ability to do a less secure connection.

Also, have you asked another user to try to logon...and does it do the same thing for that user. It could be something wrong with that particular profile trying to logon. Maybe you'll need to get rid of that profile and redo it.

+
    0 Votes
    darkstate

In your client look to see if it set to automatic, If its set to one of the other settings then your server might not use that setting.
    As lauren said the profile might have been setup to not use auto..
    Get back in touch so we can see how you overcome the problem,It might help someone else in the future.