Questions

Re-installing Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Re-installing Microsoft Office 2003 Basic Edition

s johnson
I had Microst Office 2003 basic installed on my computer for along time,I used it one day then the next day I went to use it said it was not installed, I went re install from their disk and it said missing YS561405.Cab, can anyone tell me how to and where to find it so I can reinstall? I went to Microsoft site and could not find it and could not get any answer from them

Thank You
  • +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

The .cab files are located on the original installation media. Sometimes the install looses track of where the installation media is located, especially if you deleted the copy of installation files from the hard drive. Just point the search for the .cab file back to the original CD and it should be able to find it. One thing to note is that if you are trying to use media from another type of install (Pro vs basic, OEM vs retail, etc...), the .cab files may not be found. Re-install is very particular that you use exactly what was used the first time.

+
    0 Votes
    AruJammer

Sometimes the disk is damage (to many scratches or just dirty) and makes it difficult to read of it, when it takes to long you get file not found.
    Try to clean up the disk or copy al files to your harddisk, install it from your HD.

• +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

The .cab files are located on the original installation media. Sometimes the install looses track of where the installation media is located, especially if you deleted the copy of installation files from the hard drive. Just point the search for the .cab file back to the original CD and it should be able to find it. One thing to note is that if you are trying to use media from another type of install (Pro vs basic, OEM vs retail, etc...), the .cab files may not be found. Re-install is very particular that you use exactly what was used the first time.

+
    0 Votes
    AruJammer

Sometimes the disk is damage (to many scratches or just dirty) and makes it difficult to read of it, when it takes to long you get file not found.
    Try to clean up the disk or copy al files to your harddisk, install it from your HD.