Answer for:

Reboot to select... Start up repair...Windows7

Message 2 of 2

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
Sven2157

Hi Blair,

I personally don't understand this mentality of 'worst case scenario', which everyone seems to have. If you get a pain in your arm, do you go to the doctor to have your arm amputated? No. Why? Because these things just happen. Same with your computer. Sometimes there is no problem, but the fact that something just stopped working; for whatever reason.

Immediately assuming that there is a need to research the problem and try every solution that is returned by Google, is ridiculous. Then to edit your registry, knowing that there is potential for disaster, but doing so anyway( and blindly I might add ), is what makes amateur computer users very, very dangerous.

You mentioned, in your wall of text, that you tried several possible solutions. However, you never say what it was that you tried. Is there any reason that you didn't try to reboot your computer, when this first happened?

Had you tried 'SFC SCANNOW' from the command line? What others did you try? What IntelĀ® Rapid Technology did you update( Rapid Storage? - Rapid Start? )?

Windows 7 doesn't have a 'REPAIR' function anymore; not since Vista, actually. There is however, a 'Repair Startup' function, for when your computer will no longer boot.

Is the message, "the current repair operation cannot be canceled.", coming from the startup repair? If it is, then you just need to wait it out. Once it is done, see if it boots to your desktop. If so, how much hard drive space is left open? If not, what is it saying now?

From what I can see by your post, is your hard drive full, or less than 10% free? The search indexing in Windows needs someplace to put the information it is gathering, and if your HDD is full( or nearly full ) then it can cause problems similar to this.

Let us know! Good Luck!

Sven2157