Questions

Relay Exchange 2003 Messages During Migration

+
0 Votes

Relay Exchange 2003 Messages During Migration

jgreer
I am currently installing our companies first Exchange 2003 server. Previously we were supported by Covad Pop 3 Services. I have a slight problem though and need some suggestions. I have a user with a blackberry out in the field for a couple weeks who wants to be moved to the server before they return. I know that all external emails will still direct to Covad so that his blackberry receives emails....but for users who have been moved to the server, Exchange will send internal emails to his account on Exchange instead of outside to Covad. Is there a way to configure Exchange to redirect these emails to Covad until he returns to the office and I can fully activate his account? I thought about forwarding but only option I had was domain based and I need to relay to pop3.covadmail.net
  • +
    0 Votes
    Churdoo

In the SMTP virtual server properties, there's a setting "forward mail with unresolved recipients to" which you can fill in with the name or IP of the Covad server. The stipulation is the the email addy cannot exist in the exchange organization, so you can't mail enable the accounts that you want to still go to the Covad server, or you have to enable them with a phony email addy until you're ready to cut them over.

• +
    0 Votes
    Churdoo

In the SMTP virtual server properties, there's a setting "forward mail with unresolved recipients to" which you can fill in with the name or IP of the Covad server. The stipulation is the the email addy cannot exist in the exchange organization, so you can't mail enable the accounts that you want to still go to the Covad server, or you have to enable them with a phony email addy until you're ready to cut them over.