Questions

Removing Last Exchange 2010 Server from Org keeping mail attributes

Tags: Windows, Operating Systems, Software
+
0 Votes

Removing Last Exchange 2010 Server from Org keeping mail attributes

harshkakkar
I've been tasked with removing the last exchange 2010 server from the organization but there are some custom applications that require mail attributes to keep functioning. These applications are either populating these mail attributes (on-boarding) and some are pulling up the mail attributes for objects in AD.

Need your guidance on how to go about achieving this without disrupting these apps. Please help !!

Member Answers

• +
      0 Votes
      p.j.hutchison

I know that removing a mailbox will automatically delete CustomAttributes and proxyAddresses but the 'mail' attribute is usually left alone. You could use the ldifde or csvde tools to export any attributes from all your user accounts to a file before removing the last Exchange server and re-add any missing ones back later.

• +
      0 Votes
      p.j.hutchison

I know that removing a mailbox will automatically delete CustomAttributes and proxyAddresses but the 'mail' attribute is usually left alone. You could use the ldifde or csvde tools to export any attributes from all your user accounts to a file before removing the last Exchange server and re-add any missing ones back later.