Questions

Report RecordSource property issue in Access 2002

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Report RecordSource property issue in Access 2002

ag691234
I have a need to change the saved Report's RecordSource property from VBA code. The record source is one of several saved queries. when the user clicks a command button on a form, the code checks which is the appropriate query to run, and then need to set the RecordSource for a specified report.

The issue I have is when I assign the RecordSource property value in VBA code, I get en error message "You cant set a record source property in print preview or after printing has started." It seems that by assigning the value in format of:
Report_Name.RecordSource = variableName, the code causes the report to be opened.

I need to change the RecordSource property value, then run the report: DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview.

Any help on achieving the goal of changing RecordSource property of a report from VBA code in Access 2000 is appreciated.
  • +
    0 Votes
    ag691234

The cause of the problem: I was trying to change the Report's RecordSource property from the code activated by the click of a command button on a form. Instead I needed to move the logic to the code activated by the OnOpen event of the form.

Simple mistake which gave me big headache, simple to fix and to avoid.

• +
    0 Votes
    ag691234

The cause of the problem: I was trying to change the Report's RecordSource property from the code activated by the click of a command button on a form. Instead I needed to move the logic to the code activated by the OnOpen event of the form.

Simple mistake which gave me big headache, simple to fix and to avoid.