Questions

saving in word 2007 with vista?

+
0 Votes

saving in word 2007 with vista?

jedmo12_att.net
I recently started experiencing problems with saving in Word 2007 in Vista (after the latest update) coincidentally. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and haven't fixed it yet.
  • +
    0 Votes
    ---TK---

your recent updates, and start uninstalling them one by one, until the issue goes away.. Then reinstall the updates that didn't cause the issue.

+
    0 Votes
    L-Mo

You can run a repair from inside one of the Office apps (Word, Excel, Outlook) or through add/remove programs (Run-> appwiz.cpl).

Let us know if you need a hand running the repair. It's pretty straight forward, and will need the original DVD.

+
    0 Votes
    davidt

I'm running Vista and Word 2007, and I'm fully updated on the OS and Office - and I can't duplicate the problem.
    Have you figured it out yet? Are you saving to docx 2007, or doc 2003? Does that make a difference? What kind of error message do you get?

+
    0 Votes
    Lazarus439

I had a problem with Office 2007 saving to a Windows 2003 server. I found a lot of suggestions on the topic, many of which centered around antivirus and scanning of network drives.

What finally worked for me was removing the UNC path extension for Search.

• +
    0 Votes
    ---TK---

your recent updates, and start uninstalling them one by one, until the issue goes away.. Then reinstall the updates that didn't cause the issue.

+
    0 Votes
    L-Mo

You can run a repair from inside one of the Office apps (Word, Excel, Outlook) or through add/remove programs (Run-> appwiz.cpl).

Let us know if you need a hand running the repair. It's pretty straight forward, and will need the original DVD.

+
    0 Votes
    davidt

I'm running Vista and Word 2007, and I'm fully updated on the OS and Office - and I can't duplicate the problem.
    Have you figured it out yet? Are you saving to docx 2007, or doc 2003? Does that make a difference? What kind of error message do you get?

+
    0 Votes
    Lazarus439

I had a problem with Office 2007 saving to a Windows 2003 server. I found a lot of suggestions on the topic, many of which centered around antivirus and scanning of network drives.

What finally worked for me was removing the UNC path extension for Search.