Questions

SBS2003 missing CAL

+
0 Votes

SBS2003 missing CAL

Beano43
Hi guys

I have a question regarding CAL's for SBS2003. Can windows randomly throw the CAL's away? i run a small network of 27 pc's and a file server here with SBS 2003. Now in the licensing module it says 15 installed CAL's and 23 Maximum Usage. now surely licenses have gone missing! is there anyway to retrieve old licenses?
  • +
    0 Votes
    CG IT

your software assurance account with MS should have em. SBS CAL licensing in the SBS management console, shows you the keys. if your missing some keys, contact Microsoft.

+
    0 Votes
    Beano43

Na dont have the licenses that were installed on this Server, and know one here knows what im talkin about, so i kinda stopped askin a lil while ago. The IT company that installed the server before i started here doesnt even have the keys. but thanks il give that assurance account a go.

• +
    0 Votes
    CG IT

your software assurance account with MS should have em. SBS CAL licensing in the SBS management console, shows you the keys. if your missing some keys, contact Microsoft.

+
    0 Votes
    Beano43

Na dont have the licenses that were installed on this Server, and know one here knows what im talkin about, so i kinda stopped askin a lil while ago. The IT company that installed the server before i started here doesnt even have the keys. but thanks il give that assurance account a go.