Questions

SBS2003 upgrade from Standard edition to Premium R2

Tags:
+
0 Votes

SBS2003 upgrade from Standard edition to Premium R2

rpatton
Anybody know of any problems in doing this upgrade. We need ISA server, added to our SBS2003.

I have never done this as an upgrade, I usually do a clean install.
  • +
    0 Votes
    CG IT

just run the install from the premium technologies disc.

Wizards will do all the configuring for you.

+
    0 Votes
    rpatton

Does the ISA software indentify my port info and IP address automatically or do i have to record that first?

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

SBS 2003 best practice is to use 2 NICs. One for WAN, one for LAN. If you did not follow the best practice and used only 1 NIC, then you need to install a second NIC.

ISA doesn't automatically configure your NIC. You can either have the WAN NIC obtain IP and DNS addressing automatically from your ISP or if you have a static address assign from the ISP, configure the NIC with those values.

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

SBS 2003 best practice is to use 2 NICs. One for WAN, one for LAN. If you did not follow the best practice and used only 1 NIC, then you need to install a second NIC.

ISA doesn't automatically configure your NIC. You can either have the WAN NIC obtain IP and DNS addressing automatically from your ISP or if you have a static address assign from the ISP, configure the NIC with those values.

+
    0 Votes
    rpatton

The WAN has the IP, DNS, and Default gateway defines. I was concerned anout the proxy set up does it change, or will the port still be 8080?

Do i need to configer each workstation with proxy server? The SBS 2000 version required this.

+
    0 Votes
    techsupport

You won't have to change a thing at the workstations. Just have your users restart there machines after you make the change and they won't know the difference.

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

the wizard configures everything for you.

note: Install the ISA server firewall client program on clients.

• +
    0 Votes
    CG IT

just run the install from the premium technologies disc.

Wizards will do all the configuring for you.

+
    0 Votes
    rpatton

Does the ISA software indentify my port info and IP address automatically or do i have to record that first?

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

+
    0 Votes
    rpatton

The WAN has the IP, DNS, and Default gateway defines. I was concerned anout the proxy set up does it change, or will the port still be 8080?

Do i need to configer each workstation with proxy server? The SBS 2000 version required this.

+
    0 Votes
    techsupport

You won't have to change a thing at the workstations. Just have your users restart there machines after you make the change and they won't know the difference.

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

the wizard configures everything for you.

note: Install the ISA server firewall client program on clients.