Questions

server 2003 standard edition

Tags:
+
0 Votes

server 2003 standard edition

shailaja2784
i m having server 2003 standard edition as my storage server.i m assigning shared permission to one of the drive for make sharing with architects.architects peoples directly work on storage. but i m facing problem some one is deleting drawings on storage. how i knw who is he?how can i restrict it for not accessing without knowing login and password.
  • +
    0 Votes
    NormH3

I have never configured or used this, but it appears that it may help you find the culprit.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc787413.aspx

+
    0 Votes
    abasi_obori

If I get you right, you are having issues with permissions to shares on your server. Depending on what you intend to achieve, put the architects into a group and assign the appropriate permissions (share and NTFS) to the group for the share. Note that you are to give them the least effective permission they require to perform their jobs. You may also want to remove the everyone built-in group from the permissions on this share. Finally, you may want to configure auditing for the share on object access for success and failure so you know who has access to this share. Make sure you avaoid applying the deny permission as it is the most powerful permission here and note also that NTFS and Share permissions are cumulative and when they meet, the most restrictive applies.

Cheers

• +
    0 Votes
    NormH3

I have never configured or used this, but it appears that it may help you find the culprit.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc787413.aspx

+
    0 Votes
    abasi_obori

If I get you right, you are having issues with permissions to shares on your server. Depending on what you intend to achieve, put the architects into a group and assign the appropriate permissions (share and NTFS) to the group for the share. Note that you are to give them the least effective permission they require to perform their jobs. You may also want to remove the everyone built-in group from the permissions on this share. Finally, you may want to configure auditing for the share on object access for success and failure so you know who has access to this share. Make sure you avaoid applying the deny permission as it is the most powerful permission here and note also that NTFS and Share permissions are cumulative and when they meet, the most restrictive applies.

Cheers