Questions

Server 2012 Essentials

Tags: Windows
+
0 Votes

Server 2012 Essentials

sanwardak
Hi
I Installed server 2012 essentials the first forest DC we have 8 pc that will need to be connected to it. This is first time I installed server 2012 Essentials. The installation went well. The Active Directory and DNS and DHCP install all by default. The domain became DC.local. My question is how I will change to company.com the domain. I will try to connected XP client the old way I dont know if it will work. The other question I have how much will cost to upgrade windows 7 home premium OEM to windows 7 professional because I need to make this pc member of domain?

Thanks

Member Answers

• +
      0 Votes
      BFilmFan

Unless you want to fix DNS and a number of other issues, you start over and use the .com address.

Call Microsoft for the price on the upgrade of the workstation's OS.

+
      0 Votes
      sanwardak

I reinstalled server 2012 when it came to where i put domain name it would not let me use .com now its again .local. Is it bad idea to use .local in a small one DC environment?

Thanks

• +
      0 Votes
      BFilmFan

Unless you want to fix DNS and a number of other issues, you start over and use the .com address.

Call Microsoft for the price on the upgrade of the workstation's OS.

+
      0 Votes
      sanwardak

I reinstalled server 2012 when it came to where i put domain name it would not let me use .com now its again .local. Is it bad idea to use .local in a small one DC environment?

Thanks