Questions

Answer for:

Silly Question?

Message 34 of 96

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
Jacky Howe

From what I see you are going for IT for the wrong reasons. Computer Systems have been around for a long time now and it seems funny to me that you just picked IT and not Accounting or Law for that matter.
I started out labouring, building fences, digging ditches and moved on to plant and machinery. I have always been mechanically minded and restoring old vehicles took up a lot of time in my younger years. I found myself retrenched and was given a choice to do a course in electronic book-keeping.
I suddenly found another interest and that was with Computers. I never was backward in coming forward when it came to stripping something down to see how it works and with some guidence from my father inlaw it was no time before I was repairing Systems. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that I would be involved in IT.
It actually started for me as a hobby and then it took over. Now I have a passion for what I do and achieve and all of it came about because I volunteered my services. I was offered a part time job which I gladly accepted and it went on from there.
It's nice to earn money for what you do but if your heart isn't in it you won't get far. As for qualifications I have completed a couple of basic courses at the local TAFE so I'm basically self taught. I do a heck of a lot of reading and experimenting on test Systems. I try my best to keep up with the current trends. Whatever you decide to do it will be a hard slog with no real experience. Good luck.