Questions

Symantec WinFax Pro 10.02 and Windows Vista

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Symantec WinFax Pro 10.02 and Windows Vista

rwmma
I would like to know whether it need any upgrade and isntallation on Symantec WinFax Pro 10.02 server for Windows Vista client installed WinFax Pro.

Configuration :

Our shop will upgrade Windows Vista from Windows XP to desktop PCs which have Symantec WinFax 10.02 client installed.

Those WinFax connected to Symantec WinFax 10.02 server which server is windows 2000 server configuration.

Thank you for someone's advice.
  • +
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

And Vista I would hazard a guess that it will not work with Vista. Many of their other available suites don't currently work with Vista so I can not see why this one would be any different.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    jps

10.03 installed on Vista Home Prem.

Program functions normally but the os says there are "known compatibility issues" when you try to start the app - just click "Run program" and it starts.

Also there are constant messages saying that the app is trying to communicate but it is not compliant with Vista's message display. This is described as an "Interactive services dialog detection." X out of the box and it just comes back later. If you try to display the message it modifies your desktop & eventually tells you that WinFax cannot communicate the message - THANKS! Then you close the empty dialog & return to normal.

+
    0 Votes
    nathan

Are you getting the winfax and winfax(photo) printer? I successfully installed winfax 10.02 onto Vista Home Basic, but it won't install the printers.

+
    0 Votes
    jps

No, but the Drag & Drop Depot works.

+
    0 Votes
    bla229

The WinFax printers keep disappearing when I reboot. Is there a solution?

+
    0 Votes
    vladik1

How to do that. Thanks

+
    0 Votes
    groucho3

Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor says that Symantec WinFax PRO "might have minor compatibility issues" with Vista. Actually, they are incompatible. Vista has its own Fax and Scan program, but it is far less good than WinFax. You don't get to preview your faxes before sending them. WinFax, however, has been discontinued by Symantec.

+
    0 Votes
    smonrad

Fax with Vista will not print pdf doc's period
    Program is primitive and difficult
    Any alternatives?

Steve Monrad

+
    0 Votes
    gov5225

Did you find a solution for the problem. It happens to me also other wise the program works ok. I did find that using Winfax 10.03 on my laptop with a cell phone modem I can send a fax but when I try to receive one the dialog window closes before the fax is received.

+
    0 Votes
    netweb7

I have just installed winfax pro 10 on a new vista laptop and getting error messages do you know of any solutions please, thanks.

+
    0 Votes
    pbell

I had the same problem. It appears Symantec no longer support Winfax and it does not work on Vista.

• +
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

And Vista I would hazard a guess that it will not work with Vista. Many of their other available suites don't currently work with Vista so I can not see why this one would be any different.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    jps

10.03 installed on Vista Home Prem.

Program functions normally but the os says there are "known compatibility issues" when you try to start the app - just click "Run program" and it starts.

Also there are constant messages saying that the app is trying to communicate but it is not compliant with Vista's message display. This is described as an "Interactive services dialog detection." X out of the box and it just comes back later. If you try to display the message it modifies your desktop & eventually tells you that WinFax cannot communicate the message - THANKS! Then you close the empty dialog & return to normal.

+
    0 Votes
    nathan

Are you getting the winfax and winfax(photo) printer? I successfully installed winfax 10.02 onto Vista Home Basic, but it won't install the printers.

+
    0 Votes
    jps

No, but the Drag & Drop Depot works.

+
    0 Votes
    bla229

The WinFax printers keep disappearing when I reboot. Is there a solution?

+
    0 Votes
    vladik1

How to do that. Thanks

+
    0 Votes
    groucho3

Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor says that Symantec WinFax PRO "might have minor compatibility issues" with Vista. Actually, they are incompatible. Vista has its own Fax and Scan program, but it is far less good than WinFax. You don't get to preview your faxes before sending them. WinFax, however, has been discontinued by Symantec.

+
    0 Votes
    smonrad

Fax with Vista will not print pdf doc's period
    Program is primitive and difficult
    Any alternatives?

Steve Monrad

+
    0 Votes
    gov5225

Did you find a solution for the problem. It happens to me also other wise the program works ok. I did find that using Winfax 10.03 on my laptop with a cell phone modem I can send a fax but when I try to receive one the dialog window closes before the fax is received.

+
    0 Votes
    netweb7

I have just installed winfax pro 10 on a new vista laptop and getting error messages do you know of any solutions please, thanks.

+
    0 Votes
    pbell

I had the same problem. It appears Symantec no longer support Winfax and it does not work on Vista.