Questions

System error memory dump files

+
0 Votes

System error memory dump files

jitorres61
Have Dell Vostro 200 desktop. PC was very slow and stagnant so I decided to reinstall the operating system XP Svc pk 2. After the repair install the pc hangs on the windows loading black screen and will stay there. I then manually reboot and after reaching the login screen and choosing my password the screen either restarts, ask me to activate windows. After either screen it then goes into the system error and starts a memory dump.
  • +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Has not worked properly.

I have found that when this happens it's easier to do a new Clean Install of the OS.

So if you have a current Up to Date Backup I would just run the Install Disc again but this time use the Format Option to Format the Boot Partition.

Even if the Repair Install worked correctly you should get the Activate Request without the ability to Open Windows till it is Activated. This is because it has Data Stamps on the HDD of Windows Files that exceed the 30 Day Activation Limit.

Col

• +
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Has not worked properly.

I have found that when this happens it's easier to do a new Clean Install of the OS.

So if you have a current Up to Date Backup I would just run the Install Disc again but this time use the Format Option to Format the Boot Partition.

Even if the Repair Install worked correctly you should get the Activate Request without the ability to Open Windows till it is Activated. This is because it has Data Stamps on the HDD of Windows Files that exceed the 30 Day Activation Limit.

Col