Questions

tcp outgoing ip address in isa 2006

+
0 Votes

tcp outgoing ip address in isa 2006

power159
i installed isa 2006 on windows 2003 STD ,
i have 2 ip address on this server , one for my clients and second ip is empty !
now i want to use vpn for my persoanl usage , but its using server first ip that shared between clients !

So i want to know how can i configure isa 2006 that send/request data using my second IP address
  • +
    0 Votes
    CG IT

your ISP, your DNS servers, and name servers and how your ISA server connects to the internet.

Need for info... what is your ISP providing to you? DSL T1 [with a pool of addresses], do you have a perimeter router in front of ISA?

+
    0 Votes
    power159

its dedicated server and i am working remotly !
    it connected through LAN ,

+
    0 Votes
    power159

some one said that i should add a new network for this IP , but when i am tring to add a new network it aksing me for IP address range ( start - end ) and i dont know what i should enter for my second IP

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

If you have a pool of public addresses for use[expensive even if for just 2 addresses] your ISP should have given you all the information you need to setup up multiple WAN network segments. If you don't have that information, then you can't seutp the network segments. Go get the information from your ISP.

+
    0 Votes
    power159

what information i need ?
    dns/gateway/subnet ? i have all of these or i need somethings other ?

+
    0 Votes

ISP

CG IT

Your ISP provides you with internet access. So, your ISP provides a connection and provides you with public addresse. Its the how that you need to explain.

How do you physically connect to the internet? through DSL, T1 Fractional T1, T3, OC3, OC48 what type of connection is the demarcation point and how do you connect to it? Where is ISA 2006 situated in the physical network? If ISA connects directly to the demarcation point, what type of connection? How many public addresses does your ISP provide to you and are they assigned as a pool? or do you have a seperate line?

Once you've explained that, then you need to explain what your question is on want to do?

+
    0 Votes
    power159

i said its a didcated server ( in a datacenter ) that i am using for web hosting ! and conenction to it remotly ! and now for some reasons ( secure conenction / hiding my ip & ... ) i want to use VPN , but now its showing my server primery IP address everywhere ! so i want to use second IP

server conencted to internet through LAN ( and i dont what is their conenction type ! )

+
    0 Votes
    power159

i am looking for some thing like this ,

in squid its very very easy to do this :

something like this :

acl me src 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
    acl my_friend src 10.0.0.2/255.255.255.255

tcp_outgoing_address 90.90.90.1 me
    tcp_outgoing_address 90.90.90.2 my_friend
    tcp_outgoing_address 90.90.90.3

in this sample 10.0.0.1 is my vpn ip and 10.0.0.2 my friend vpn ip , and 90.90.90.x is my public ip address ,

when i request a data from squid ( me ) it will send/rec data using 90.90.90.1 IP address and for my friend it will use 90.90.90.2 and for others it will use 90.90.90.3 !

So i want to know how can i config ISA somethings like this !

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

Your Response: dedicated server
    i said its a didcated server ( in a datacenter ) that i am using for web hosting ! and conenction to it remotly ! and now for some reasons ( secure conenction / hiding my ip & ... ) i want to use VPN , but now its showing my server primery IP address everywhere ! so i want to use second IP

server conencted to internet through LAN ( and i dont what is their conenction type ! )

Sorry but ISA Server is a proxy/firewall. If its in a Data Center chances are it's in front of the Data Center providing security. If whomever setup the Data Center and ISA Server was smart, this ISA isn't the only one in the mix but part of a cluster and intergrated with Active Directory.

ISA would have to be configured to allow VPN and your AD account would have to be configured to allow remote access.

Your question would be better asked on isaserver.org forum boards.

• +
    0 Votes
    CG IT

your ISP, your DNS servers, and name servers and how your ISA server connects to the internet.

Need for info... what is your ISP providing to you? DSL T1 [with a pool of addresses], do you have a perimeter router in front of ISA?

+
    0 Votes
    power159

its dedicated server and i am working remotly !
    it connected through LAN ,

+
    0 Votes
    power159

some one said that i should add a new network for this IP , but when i am tring to add a new network it aksing me for IP address range ( start - end ) and i dont know what i should enter for my second IP

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

If you have a pool of public addresses for use[expensive even if for just 2 addresses] your ISP should have given you all the information you need to setup up multiple WAN network segments. If you don't have that information, then you can't seutp the network segments. Go get the information from your ISP.

+
    0 Votes
    power159

what information i need ?
    dns/gateway/subnet ? i have all of these or i need somethings other ?

+
    0 Votes

ISP

CG IT

Your ISP provides you with internet access. So, your ISP provides a connection and provides you with public addresse. Its the how that you need to explain.

How do you physically connect to the internet? through DSL, T1 Fractional T1, T3, OC3, OC48 what type of connection is the demarcation point and how do you connect to it? Where is ISA 2006 situated in the physical network? If ISA connects directly to the demarcation point, what type of connection? How many public addresses does your ISP provide to you and are they assigned as a pool? or do you have a seperate line?

Once you've explained that, then you need to explain what your question is on want to do?

+
    0 Votes
    power159

+
    0 Votes
    power159

i am looking for some thing like this ,

in squid its very very easy to do this :

something like this :

acl me src 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
    acl my_friend src 10.0.0.2/255.255.255.255

tcp_outgoing_address 90.90.90.1 me
    tcp_outgoing_address 90.90.90.2 my_friend
    tcp_outgoing_address 90.90.90.3

in this sample 10.0.0.1 is my vpn ip and 10.0.0.2 my friend vpn ip , and 90.90.90.x is my public ip address ,

when i request a data from squid ( me ) it will send/rec data using 90.90.90.1 IP address and for my friend it will use 90.90.90.2 and for others it will use 90.90.90.3 !

So i want to know how can i config ISA somethings like this !

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

Your Response: dedicated server

Sorry but ISA Server is a proxy/firewall. If its in a Data Center chances are it's in front of the Data Center providing security. If whomever setup the Data Center and ISA Server was smart, this ISA isn't the only one in the mix but part of a cluster and intergrated with Active Directory.

ISA would have to be configured to allow VPN and your AD account would have to be configured to allow remote access.

Your question would be better asked on isaserver.org forum boards.