Answer for:

Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios Reset

Message 5 of 81

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
bigbadbrown

To Whom This May Concern:

You know what? It seems like in reading this message you've had the same problem I have right at the very minute. I bought my Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 from Best Buy. One night I was playing my Chessmaster 9000 game with the mouse on the actual laptop. I was already booted into Windows Vista Home Basic. When I went to put my USB mouse in, all of a sudden, it just froze up. When I tried to hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete, it wouldn't do anything. I held down the power button and restarted. When I did, it brought me to the BIOS password. So now to answer your question, since I'm a computer technician myself, the first option was to flash the BIOS. The second option was to get a utility that will reset the password. The third option is to replace the motherboard. When you can't change the password, you have to just break down and replace the motherboard. Here's my concerns: If I crack it open, I lose my warranty because they think I've been tampering with it. About the best option you have since you're still under warranty is to just take it to a Toshiba authorized dealer and let them justifiably figure out the problem. The default password for the BIOS is phoenix. Phoenix is all lower case letters. Another thing you can do is as the system is booting up, right before you get to the Toshiba splash screen, you have to tap on the Shift key. If neither of those options work and you don't have something to crack the BIOS password, unfortunately, you're **** out of luck. Final solution: Take it back to the Toshiba dealer and let them figure it out. It's less of a headache unless you feel luck. That's what I plan to do with mines being that a 2 or 3 month old laptop should work like a champ.