Questions

Toshiba Configfree Intel Pro/wireless 220BG unable to connect to WEP router

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Toshiba Configfree Intel Pro/wireless 220BG unable to connect to WEP router

alicbecker
I've read jlemmerman@... "Toshiba Wireless error message" post but desperately I'm not able to resolve the error message "Another vendor's application is controlling the wireless adaptor" when I try to connect my wireless LAN to my laptop.

I do not have INTEL ProSet in my Configfree application. I click Network connections but there isn't an entry (totally blank). I can't and don't know how to access WEP data.

However, when I disable WEP protection through router configuration, I'm able to connect my wireless LAN.

I'd greatly appreciate anyone's help. Thanks in advance.
  • +
    0 Votes
    ahmed3llam

Concerning jlemmerman@... problem. I had the same one. I had configfree installed in HP DV5000 Laptop with no Intel PROset and when i tried to connect using it, it poped up the same msg. I have PROset and configfree installed now, and i have to set the profiles in PROset which reflects on configfree. So i guess you have to install Intel PROset manually.

regards.

+
    0 Votes
    jamesmondtan

are you home user? inside the network connection right click wireless connection go to wireless tab. there is a box for you to tick if you want windows to manage the wireless connectionl.

+
    0 Votes
    ahmed3llam

From my experience the Zero Config Service(the service that lets window manage WIFI) isn't that good specially at my home, when i let windows manage the wifi connections, after connecting to my network if it finds other networks it keeps disconnecting me from my previous connection...and when i installed intel pro set the problem was solved. I wanted the Configfree cause i liked the submarine's echo like search for networks. now everything works fine....thnx though

+
    0 Votes
    jamesmondtan

are you home user? inside the network connection right click wireless connection go to wireless tab. there is a box for you to tick if you want windows to manage the wireless connectionl.

• +
    0 Votes
    ahmed3llam

Concerning jlemmerman@... problem. I had the same one. I had configfree installed in HP DV5000 Laptop with no Intel PROset and when i tried to connect using it, it poped up the same msg. I have PROset and configfree installed now, and i have to set the profiles in PROset which reflects on configfree. So i guess you have to install Intel PROset manually.

regards.

+
    0 Votes
    jamesmondtan

+
    0 Votes
    ahmed3llam

From my experience the Zero Config Service(the service that lets window manage WIFI) isn't that good specially at my home, when i let windows manage the wifi connections, after connecting to my network if it finds other networks it keeps disconnecting me from my previous connection...and when i installed intel pro set the problem was solved. I wanted the Configfree cause i liked the submarine's echo like search for networks. now everything works fine....thnx though

+
    0 Votes
    jamesmondtan