Questions

Toshiba Satellite A105-S2071

+
0 Votes

Toshiba Satellite A105-S2071

mattapplegate23
Need the manual to finish the reset of my bios not sure on the location of the jopen1 jumper
  • +
    0 Votes
    OldER Mycroft

Life's a ***** isn't it?

Why were you cracking the bios password?
    Oh, that's right, you're a cracker!

+
    0 Votes
    retro77

Ya, cant give that present to someone with a BIOS password on it...you should return the laptop to the person you stole it from.

My new laptop has a password on the actual hard drive...so even if you take it out, still password protected...I love security!

+
    0 Votes
    pcrxinc

1. Shut down laptop.
    2. Disconnect AC power.
    3. Remove battery.
    4. Remove the memory cover memory cover and the memory module 1.
    5. Put memory from module 1 into memory module 2.
    6. Peel back the black Mylar from under memory module 1.
    7. Plug in AC Adapter.
    8. Using a paper clip, short the two soldered pads named PAD500. They are side by side and very small. (You have to apply firm pressure!)
    9. While shorting PAD500, press power button and let laptop boot. (You will have to put the laptop on its side on your lap to perform this.)
    10. Laptop will boot without asking for BIOS password. You may have to try this several times, but as long as you have good contact between the two PAD500 solder pads, it will work.
    11. Power off laptop.
    12. Replace Mylar.
    13. Move memory back to module 1.
    14. Put memory cover back into place and tighten screw.
    15. Replace battery & reboot.
    16. Enjoy your laptop.

+
    0 Votes
    phinner

pcrxinc is right on the money!

I just worked on a coworker?s Toshiba Satellite A105-S2061 with the BIOS & boot password problem. Geek Squad couldn?t fix it and Fry?s told him to send it back to Toshiba and pay to have it cleared. After weeding through the myriad of ?solutions?, I settled on looking into the A100 (PSAA2A-02C01N) fix listed on various forums. It?s the only one that made sense. This laptop only had a PAD500 jumper located where it said it was. The instructions are pretty much accurate with the exception of #6. I held the short on through the boot sequence until it booted as pcrxinc stated. It took a few times for it to take (8 - 10), but it did finally do the trick. Here?s what I did:

1. Remove Memory Cover from base of machine
    2. Release & remove right side Memory Module - with the memory closer to you.
    3. Lift black plastic insulation
    4. Open the lid enough to turn the laptop on and set it on its DVD edge - like a book.
    5. Locate & short PAD500 Pin 1 & 2 together. I used a ?U? shaped piece of wire 6. Power on the laptop while still shorting Pin 1 & 2
    7. If you receive the password prompt, turn it off and try again
    8. Have patience and keep it up until you clear the password

This does work on this model and I'm sure a few others. I was about to give up until it finally cleared. Do not pay anyone to clear the password if you have this laptop. It is relatively easy. I emailed conradodav@hotmail.com - from the other forum because he said he could help - only to receive a reply offering me a guide that ?tells me how? for $55! Not much better than Toshiba?s service fee. Feel free to email me if you have this model - I?ll try to help you through the process I used.

• +
    0 Votes
    OldER Mycroft

Life's a ***** isn't it?

Why were you cracking the bios password?
    Oh, that's right, you're a cracker!

+
    0 Votes
    retro77

Ya, cant give that present to someone with a BIOS password on it...you should return the laptop to the person you stole it from.

My new laptop has a password on the actual hard drive...so even if you take it out, still password protected...I love security!

+
    0 Votes
    pcrxinc

1. Shut down laptop.
    2. Disconnect AC power.
    3. Remove battery.
    4. Remove the memory cover memory cover and the memory module 1.
    5. Put memory from module 1 into memory module 2.
    6. Peel back the black Mylar from under memory module 1.
    7. Plug in AC Adapter.
    8. Using a paper clip, short the two soldered pads named PAD500. They are side by side and very small. (You have to apply firm pressure!)
    9. While shorting PAD500, press power button and let laptop boot. (You will have to put the laptop on its side on your lap to perform this.)
    10. Laptop will boot without asking for BIOS password. You may have to try this several times, but as long as you have good contact between the two PAD500 solder pads, it will work.
    11. Power off laptop.
    12. Replace Mylar.
    13. Move memory back to module 1.
    14. Put memory cover back into place and tighten screw.
    15. Replace battery & reboot.
    16. Enjoy your laptop.

+
    0 Votes
    phinner

pcrxinc is right on the money!

I just worked on a coworker?s Toshiba Satellite A105-S2061 with the BIOS & boot password problem. Geek Squad couldn?t fix it and Fry?s told him to send it back to Toshiba and pay to have it cleared. After weeding through the myriad of ?solutions?, I settled on looking into the A100 (PSAA2A-02C01N) fix listed on various forums. It?s the only one that made sense. This laptop only had a PAD500 jumper located where it said it was. The instructions are pretty much accurate with the exception of #6. I held the short on through the boot sequence until it booted as pcrxinc stated. It took a few times for it to take (8 - 10), but it did finally do the trick. Here?s what I did:

1. Remove Memory Cover from base of machine
    2. Release & remove right side Memory Module - with the memory closer to you.
    3. Lift black plastic insulation
    4. Open the lid enough to turn the laptop on and set it on its DVD edge - like a book.
    5. Locate & short PAD500 Pin 1 & 2 together. I used a ?U? shaped piece of wire 6. Power on the laptop while still shorting Pin 1 & 2
    7. If you receive the password prompt, turn it off and try again
    8. Have patience and keep it up until you clear the password

This does work on this model and I'm sure a few others. I was about to give up until it finally cleared. Do not pay anyone to clear the password if you have this laptop. It is relatively easy. I emailed conradodav@hotmail.com - from the other forum because he said he could help - only to receive a reply offering me a guide that ?tells me how? for $55! Not much better than Toshiba?s service fee. Feel free to email me if you have this model - I?ll try to help you through the process I used.