Questions

Toshiba Satellite A105 screen flinkers out

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Toshiba Satellite A105 screen flinkers out

mcantine
This toshiba laptop boots up and runs normally on an external monitor. When just on the LCD I sometimes see the Toshiba startup window and then it flickers and is gone. If the LCD is tilted at the right angle you can still very faintly see that the laptop is still working properly, the desktop appears, you can see mouse movements, but only at certain angles...it is very faint, almost ghost-like, but the laptop is working. So I have taken the casing off the monitor and pushed on every cable connection I can find, nothing helped. Pushed and pulled on the ribbon cable behind the LCD, didn't work. Pushed on the connection to the motherboard, and that didn't help. When it starts up you hear a very faint buzzing sound from a long chip that has 2 connections at either end. This long chip is at the bottom of the LCD screen and has 2 wires that push into at at one end, and about 5 or 6 wires that push into it at the other end. Not sure if that buzzing is normal or not. Not sure what I need to replace.