Questions

Answer for:

Toshiba Satellite freezes on boot up.

Message 6 of 21

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
londonflu

Toshiba Satellite A105 that is freezing up about 3/4 of the way through the BIOS upon startup (according to the BIOS status bar). I tried the BIOS reset trick (remove battery and power plug, hold power button for 20 seconds, then plug power plug back in and start); however, the computer still freezes in the exact same spot in the BIOS. It doesn't prompt for a password or give any errors.
If I act quickly, I can press F2 rapidly after I start the laptop and it says "Please Wait" instead of the normal "Press [F2]for SETUP" option. The BIOS screen shows the Toshiba backgroun with the Celeron M logo, but just doesn't want to get passed that.
Other things I have tried:
- reseated memory and restarted: same..
- removed the wireless card and bluetooth cards and restarted without them: same..
- removed HDD and restarted: same..
- no sign on the case that there was any external damage... opened it up and it was clean and dry. Changed the CD ROM.
I created a flash Bios disk from Toshiba's website, but can't get to that point to where it is reading the drives. What am I missing?!?! I want to turn this laptop into a frisbee. Please help!