Questions

Undocking Dell Latitude D610 and lost drive mappings

+
0 Votes

Undocking Dell Latitude D610 and lost drive mappings

woodrt
I am not sure if the issue is related to a Dell, but I am seeing this issue only on the Dell laptops, not the IBMs, in my plant.

The users who have a Dell Latitude D-series laptop are loosing their drive mappings when they undock/redock their laptops into a Dell Series D Docking Station/port replicator. It does not seem to matter whether they do a hot/cold undock then redock.

I have a Windows Domain running Server 2003, and all the machines in question are running WinXP Pro SP2.

I also am not sure that the OS may be the source, but the IBM R51 notebooks in the same enviroment do not seem to have this issue.

It ususally centers around the user undocking the laptop for the ride hoe (to do work apparently) then when they redock and log in, they have lost some, but not all, of their drive mappings. I am stumped! Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should look at? I have perpared .bat files for users with the problem to execute (left in their desktop profiles), but users do not generally like to double-click a program when they believe the computer should "just do it automagically".