Questions

Uninstall Firefox 3.0.10

+
0 Votes

Uninstall Firefox 3.0.10

sspara
I am trying to uninstall Firefox 3.0.10. I've tried the obvious, selecting "remove" from the "add or remove programs" in the control panel and it literally does nothing. I click remove and the add remove window blinks and that's it. I've tried using the helper.exe file in the C:\program files\mozilla firefox\uninstall directory and it does nothing. It won't even open. I've tried restarting several times and attempting all the above and still nothing. I can't even delete the mozilla firefox folder from the C: drive. I am a local administrator on the PC. It is running Win XP pro SP3. I just want this crappy software removed but it won't go away! Help! there is no mention of this specific problem on mozilla's site and they offer no real tech support. ridiculous. What else can I try?
  • +
    0 Votes
    tmalo627

Is there some other software on your PC that you can uninstall successfully, or is it just Mozilla that is giving you the problem?

+
    0 Votes
    sspara

Yes I can uninstall other software just fine.

+
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

If Firefox is set as your default browser, it may not let you uninstall while the system is running in normal mode. Try booting to safe mode and then uninstall it.

+
    0 Votes
    sspara

Yes I tried this and it had the same result. But I didn't try one thing in safe mode, let me get back to you.

+
    0 Votes
    OldER Mycroft

That makes me wonder if perhaps you have some malware infection that is manifesting itself within Firefox to make you think that Firefox is, indeed crappy.

Because Firefox is usually the escape route when users discover how sh|tty IE is.

As the previous poster mentioned - can you successfully uninstall ANYTHING ?

+
    0 Votes
    ---TK---

That it was odd that this person considers FireFox to be crappy.... But I guess we all have a right to our own opinion.

Try uninstalling in safe mode would be the first thing I would try.

+
    0 Votes

RE:

sspara

Finally! It has been removed! I had tried Safe mode before but I didn't try the uninstall executable within the Firefox directory. I only tried the "add or remove programs" from the control panel. I guess I was so frustrated I only tried the obvious and when that didn't work I gave up. But thank you to everyone for their advice.

+
    0 Votes
    sspara

Yes it is odd, I used to love Firefox and I lament IE but lately with the new releases of Firefox it has been constantly crashing and having problems with plug-ins and I have just had it. I switched to Google's new browser "Chrome". I just want to delete Firefox and it won't go away, it's like a bad virus or spyware or something.

• +
    0 Votes
    tmalo627

Is there some other software on your PC that you can uninstall successfully, or is it just Mozilla that is giving you the problem?

+
    0 Votes
    sspara

Yes I can uninstall other software just fine.

+
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

If Firefox is set as your default browser, it may not let you uninstall while the system is running in normal mode. Try booting to safe mode and then uninstall it.

+
    0 Votes
    sspara

Yes I tried this and it had the same result. But I didn't try one thing in safe mode, let me get back to you.

+
    0 Votes
    OldER Mycroft

That makes me wonder if perhaps you have some malware infection that is manifesting itself within Firefox to make you think that Firefox is, indeed crappy.

Because Firefox is usually the escape route when users discover how sh|tty IE is.

As the previous poster mentioned - can you successfully uninstall ANYTHING ?

+
    0 Votes
    ---TK---

That it was odd that this person considers FireFox to be crappy.... But I guess we all have a right to our own opinion.

Try uninstalling in safe mode would be the first thing I would try.

+
    0 Votes

RE:

sspara

Finally! It has been removed! I had tried Safe mode before but I didn't try the uninstall executable within the Firefox directory. I only tried the "add or remove programs" from the control panel. I guess I was so frustrated I only tried the obvious and when that didn't work I gave up. But thank you to everyone for their advice.

+
    0 Votes
    sspara

Yes it is odd, I used to love Firefox and I lament IE but lately with the new releases of Firefox it has been constantly crashing and having problems with plug-ins and I have just had it. I switched to Google's new browser "Chrome". I just want to delete Firefox and it won't go away, it's like a bad virus or spyware or something.