Questions

Answer for:

USB ports strange problem?

Message 5 of 24

View entire thread
+
1 Votes
Awahili Guni

Some computer manufacturers are coy! They may display an OS (won't matter if it is a Win, Mac, or What-Not - with as many as 6 to 8 USB ports just to lure a buyer.

Sadly, in this case "LET THE BUYER BEWARE" - ask tons of questions upfront! What you see is not what you always get;

Let's put it this way, supposed you purchased an OS with 6 USB ports in back plus 2 in front. WOW - what a steal! Is it really?

What really is behind all of this is the major problem:

You could end up with having 2 USB ports which are the Main Core USB ports, the other 4 being the Sub-Ports (in the back); while those in the front are "limited access USB ports with limited of you-name-it". It is exceptionally good idea to ask the salesperson to death tirades of question even if he/she is unable to provide you info or data; then make him/her go to the Tech Department and get that info before you buy! (After all - it is your $$$ isn't it? How would you like for me to sell you a huge Hotel in Las Vegas with a nice sandy beach front with a fully loaded Marina where Millionares can park their Yachts? Get the idea? Don't be fooled with what all is in the "specs" or aka info.

WHY? Specs (Specifics) aka Info, doesn't always provide you all the info you need; they just provide you specs to get you drooling just as a Used Car Salesman would sell you that Lexus but won't tell you that there's a cracked engine they welded nor would they tell you that they had welded some other parts with hopes that you wouldn't take it to the Tech of YOUR OWN for inspection but of theirs if you did elect to do so ... for want of an illustration.

One option is - finding that "Main USB port" is the issue; usually unless yours was custom built, one can find out via the Manufacturer; if they are honest enough to tell you where 2 or 3 or if you are lucky you have 4 (on newer models) if it is a desktop.

Try the connections there and see what happens - whether it be hooking up your camera to USB port to a flash drive; trying various things will let you know this is a main USB port. If Printer to Digital Camera works on it and some of the Flash do, except one. The chances are the Flash has gone D.O.A. (I'm sorry to report that - I've had some 32 GB and 64 GB Flashies that have passed away and have learned that "name brands" are no different than "generics", in fact, my generics have superceded in the lifespan of the name brands which I find that a little bit ironic.)

Give this a shot and see how it goes I am going to make another post of another two options you can do