Answer for:

USB ports strange problem?

Message 6 of 24

View entire thread
+
1 Votes
Awahili Guni

In Win Vista / Win 7

Go to Start, in Search - type in "command.exe" (without the quotes) - once it comes to manifestation - right click and run as Administrator and a pop-up will appear.

Type exactly like this without the quotes "sfc/scannow" - if this is the first time you have run this feature, it will take some time; this will repair everything in the Windows from registry to whatever and yet, you can be online or offline and do whatever you need to do while it's running in the background. (Doesn't take much resources, but I do strongly recommend that you first clear cache files, temp files, run the disc/disck clean up, etc first.)

Once it has been completed it will provide you notifications if you had any errors and the specs on this, for example - integrity errors were found and were repaired. (Just for an illustrative purpose)

I do recommend people to reboot as soon as you complete this, and above all things - keep your OS up to date always!

=========================================

If all else fails - while I am only a Windows Certified here and I cannot speak on Mac or other OS Systems - I can advise you the other option is for XP (Microsoft is disconitnuing support here), Vista, and 7 is:

Going to Control Panel to Device Manager and delete ALL USB port related hardware found on the list after you have backed up and created a System Restore first. Windows automativally will detect and reinstall - this usually resolves the issue 98% of the time.

At the last resort - is going to Microsoft "Fix-It" (clicking on Windows - select your OS - and then select hardware - install the program and allow Fix It to resolve this issue.

===================================================

< b> TO THE ORIGINA POST APPLIED ABOVE: I do want to make an admendment for I realized I forgot a sentence: It is generally a good idea to contact your OS Manufacturer, either via their website of if you have the info handy that came with your OS; then give them a call first. </ B>

<i> I hope all this helps! And good luck and do keep us posted!</ i>