Questions

Using Access 2007 attachment to store pdfs

+
0 Votes

Using Access 2007 attachment to store pdfs

larsy
Has anyone used an attachment attribute in Access 2007 to store a pdf? If so, can you include the pdf in an report or print is from Access? Or is the attachment attribute best used for picture files only?
  • +
    0 Votes
    dlovep

Wasnt that only OLE object for attachment type, when you have the filter plugin you can actually view that attachment within Access. Such as when you have a PDF reader installed, you drop a PDF file in that OLE object field will show you the document, etc.

Looks like you have a SQL server for the back end.

Cheers,

+
    0 Votes
    PropMgr

I have an access 2007 spreadsheet data base and I'm trying to hyperlink each individual access file to a .pdf document. In otherwords when I open the spreadsheet I want to be able to click on each file number and bring up the corresponding document to that file. Can anyone help me?

Desperate in Alaska

+
    0 Votes
    Darryl~ Moderator

You accidently asked your question by posting to an "old" question someone else asked.

You want to start your own question so you can better track answers, at the top of the "Questions" page is "Ask a Question" - click that to start a new question.

Also...you said you had an Access 2007 Spreadsheet database, and you refer to "opening" a spreadsheet....do you mean you have a database you're viewing in datasheet view or do you have an Excel spreadsheet?

In any case....here's a good place to start....lots of good answers to Office 2007 issues.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/?redir=0

• +
    0 Votes
    dlovep

Wasnt that only OLE object for attachment type, when you have the filter plugin you can actually view that attachment within Access. Such as when you have a PDF reader installed, you drop a PDF file in that OLE object field will show you the document, etc.

Looks like you have a SQL server for the back end.

Cheers,

+
    0 Votes
    PropMgr

I have an access 2007 spreadsheet data base and I'm trying to hyperlink each individual access file to a .pdf document. In otherwords when I open the spreadsheet I want to be able to click on each file number and bring up the corresponding document to that file. Can anyone help me?

Desperate in Alaska

+
    0 Votes
    Darryl~ Moderator

You accidently asked your question by posting to an "old" question someone else asked.

You want to start your own question so you can better track answers, at the top of the "Questions" page is "Ask a Question" - click that to start a new question.

Also...you said you had an Access 2007 Spreadsheet database, and you refer to "opening" a spreadsheet....do you mean you have a database you're viewing in datasheet view or do you have an Excel spreadsheet?

In any case....here's a good place to start....lots of good answers to Office 2007 issues.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/?redir=0