Questions

Vista and Outlook 2003

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Vista and Outlook 2003

tlane
My Outlook is acting up. It no longer pulls up email addreess when I type a name or partial name (autofill still works), will not use distribution lists or allow BCC.

Can someone help me please!?!?!

Here's the additional detail you might need:

Brand new Dell E1405 notebook
Runs on Vista Home Premium.
Fully functional version of Office 2003 including Outlook 2003 that was used on old computer.

I spent two weeks in tech-support **** because outlook would not work at all out of the box. I finally got a smart guy on phone who had me uninstall an outlook add on. This took me from not working at all to the above situation.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Tom
  • +
    0 Votes
    davet

Did you ever get a solution? I just got my daughter a new PC - Vista (not by choice, but that's now what's available). Her old PC was fried so I'm working from backups. Installed her office 2003, copied over her .pst file, and all looked good. But she tries to do an email but can't pull addresses from her contacts. The contacts are there - viewable through the contacts options, but not from the email "to" or "cc" options. Sounds like exactly what you have.
    ----------------------
    4/18 update: I got it working. Don't know if it's the same situation as you, but outlook decided I had two different sets of contacts, an empty one (which it decided was the default) and my "real" one. You can confirm this by looking at the Address book, in the "Show Names from the" drop down box - if there's two Contacts listed, that's the problem. I found the answer in outlook help. Under Tools-Email Accounts, choose "View or change existing directories or address books". From there go into the Outlook Address Book and remove the first one. That will force the 2nd to the top and should have all your contacts in it.

+
    0 Votes
    jamesturnham

Try running the scanpst.exe fix. You may have to search the computer for the file but that may work.

• +
    0 Votes
    davet

Did you ever get a solution? I just got my daughter a new PC - Vista (not by choice, but that's now what's available). Her old PC was fried so I'm working from backups. Installed her office 2003, copied over her .pst file, and all looked good. But she tries to do an email but can't pull addresses from her contacts. The contacts are there - viewable through the contacts options, but not from the email "to" or "cc" options. Sounds like exactly what you have.
    ----------------------
    4/18 update: I got it working. Don't know if it's the same situation as you, but outlook decided I had two different sets of contacts, an empty one (which it decided was the default) and my "real" one. You can confirm this by looking at the Address book, in the "Show Names from the" drop down box - if there's two Contacts listed, that's the problem. I found the answer in outlook help. Under Tools-Email Accounts, choose "View or change existing directories or address books". From there go into the Outlook Address Book and remove the first one. That will force the 2nd to the top and should have all your contacts in it.

+
    0 Votes
    jamesturnham

Try running the scanpst.exe fix. You may have to search the computer for the file but that may work.