Questions

W2003R: My Document shows 26gb, but the folder is empty

+
0 Votes

W2003R: My Document shows 26gb, but the folder is empty

wale2richie
Recently my HP Proliant ML110 running W2003R had to be reinstalled with same W2003R when it reported ' operating system not found'. Before the reinstallation, it uses my admin password for access, but now it doesn't ask me for a password and my Document folder bearing all network computer files, is visible and shows 26gb of files, but when I click on it, the folder is empty. Pls help me out.
  • +
    0 Votes
    Deadly Ernest

the properties of the account you're using, and that it has the rights to access that folder as it may have the rights restricted to the earlier installation, so you may need to reset the rights for the folder.

+
    0 Votes
    mike

Since you received the report of O/S not found, it looks more like a hard drive issue than rights and permissions since the re-install. They would affect the visiblility if the files are now hidden but then the view of the Document Folder should be dim rahter than its noraml boldness when one has a folder with "hidden" atributes". I have had Plenty of USB drives begin failing in this manner. The folder states the correct size but the data was just not there. There are a few freebie -restore deleted data programs out there and you could peek to see if it finds anything as they have a better chance of seeing missed or hidden data. You could also try copying the folder and see if the data shpws when you pastye it in another location

• +
    0 Votes
    Deadly Ernest

the properties of the account you're using, and that it has the rights to access that folder as it may have the rights restricted to the earlier installation, so you may need to reset the rights for the folder.

+
    0 Votes
    mike

Since you received the report of O/S not found, it looks more like a hard drive issue than rights and permissions since the re-install. They would affect the visiblility if the files are now hidden but then the view of the Document Folder should be dim rahter than its noraml boldness when one has a folder with "hidden" atributes". I have had Plenty of USB drives begin failing in this manner. The folder states the correct size but the data was just not there. There are a few freebie -restore deleted data programs out there and you could peek to see if it finds anything as they have a better chance of seeing missed or hidden data. You could also try copying the folder and see if the data shpws when you pastye it in another location