Questions

Answer for:

Wave Volume

Message 6 of 12

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
OH Smeg

Is that Realteck doesn't supply it's drivers for Digital Signing so M$ doesn't know how they work or at least do not officially know how they work. A newly released M$ Patch could have broken the way that it works for your particular Hardware with Patch Tuesday just happening within the last week.

But having said that this unit and most of the others here which also have the Realteck HD Sound have not been affected in that manner.

Though for about a month now a new build of mine which is my personal workstation is restarting whenever I attempt to play any Video on it.

Anyway what appears to be happening here is a fight between the 2 big names in things here on the one side you have M$ claiming that they need to have all drivers Digitally Signed so they they are not affected and on the other side you have Realteck who supplies all of the sound bits to the M'Board makers saying to M$ that we are not paying your Tax on computer users so if you don't like it you know where to get off.

Naturally the End User is caught in the middle once again and I personally wouldn't put it past M$ to deliberately break something that they consider Minor in the Realteck Audio just to prove a point. However as Realteck has the market sewn up they can not break it too much or the end users will blame M$ for breaking it with their lousy code once again.

Personally I see it as one of two possibilities here but some M$ Code has caused a problem with the existing Realteck Drivers but this could be because M$ is so sloppy in coding that with the several different departments contributing bits of Code to the finial release they broke something by accident and without knowing. Or they deliberately wrote the code to break it and pass the blame back to Realteck.

Col