Questions

What is wrong with my Compaq Armada m700? problem solved

+
0 Votes

What is wrong with my Compaq Armada m700? problem solved

paulwilson05
problem solved!
Oh! I should probably post that I fixed it. The DC power connector had burned off some of the soldering some how on one of the prongs that connect to the motherboard. I took the computer completely apart, down to the motherboard, and used a desoldering gun from radio shack, along with some copperbraid solderwick, to heat up and remove the old solder. I then used sand paper to clean up the contacts on the plug. and then I resoldered the plug to the board. Yes indeed, the Chinese have struck again! :)

When I plug the powersupply into my armada m700 all the lights turn on, and its starts up, posts, and then just turns off. I tried using another powersupply and it does the same thing. The battery will not charge when the computer turns off and the powersupply is plugged in. Every time i try to plug it in it does this turn on turn off routine. And now the computer doesn't even want to turn on. the power button is responseless after all this. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • +
    0 Votes
    Moreofman

Did you ever find out what happened?
    Is it the Mother broad?
    My dell does the same thing, thought it was Ram.
    Maybe still is?
    Doesn't count memory, nothing then turns off!

+
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

Try replacing the battery. Many of the manufacturers made things so that if the battery is dead, it won't attempt to boot even when plugged into the wall.

Have you checked the manufacturer's web site for a forum where customers might report the same behavior and solutions for it?

+
    0 Votes
    paulwilson05

It was a bad DC solder connection that had completely burned off.

• +
    0 Votes
    Moreofman

Did you ever find out what happened?
    Is it the Mother broad?
    My dell does the same thing, thought it was Ram.
    Maybe still is?
    Doesn't count memory, nothing then turns off!

+
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

Try replacing the battery. Many of the manufacturers made things so that if the battery is dead, it won't attempt to boot even when plugged into the wall.

Have you checked the manufacturer's web site for a forum where customers might report the same behavior and solutions for it?

+
    0 Votes
    paulwilson05

It was a bad DC solder connection that had completely burned off.