Questions

Answer for:

Who can tell me which is the best Antivirus right now?

Message 33 of 75

View entire thread
+
2 Votes
gkclark

I started using Eset Nod32 about 4 years ago after Norton/Symantec decided it was more important to bring my PC to its knees than allow me to do anything. Price is competitive with Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro, and others. Overhead on the PC seems very small; I don't notice any slow downs since removing Norton and installing Eset. I am running version 4 now; it updates the virus signature daily and has caught several viruses/trojan horses during the download phase. I bought the 3-PC license and installed it on my wife's PC, my daughter's, and my own.

About 4-5 years ago we needed to replace our corporate security package and went through an evaluation of the packages available at the time. We chose McAfee over Eset only because of a dashboard interface that McAfee offered that Eset didn't. We still wished we had chosen Eset for its performance and track record but it costs a boatload of money to convert from one package to another in terms of license purchase and internal deployment costs. McAfee has been okay for us performance-wise and also in terms of catching viruses and malware before they make their way onto our PCs.

As for the customer chosing the security software... ask her this: GM used to outsell Toyota. Did that make GM the best car company in America? If you look at the quality of the products GM used to make it's clear to see why Toyota moved to the top of the list. I would think the same thing is probably truly with security software. Just because it sells doesn't necessarily make it the best.