Questions

Why does my Compaq cq60-615dx have a blank screen?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Why does my Compaq cq60-615dx have a blank screen?

dinkey
I have a Compaq cq60-615dx running windows 7 home prem. 64-bit. I tried to do a reload of the software with the installation disks everything seemed to be doing fine then after the last cd is installed it goes to restart and all I get is a blank black screen, I've left it this way for more than an hour. Power light and wireless lights are the only thing I notice on the laptop. If i try to restart again I still get nothing. I've tried the hard reset by taking the battery and power supply out and holding the power button still doesn't work. I let it sit overnight and when i come back to it the room it's in is approx. 50-55 degrees in the morning it starts up I can see the boot screen but apparently the restore didn't complete cause it says there is nothing to boot to. I've tested the HDD with seagate tools and it has passed. I was able to do a memory test early this morning and it seemed to have passed also. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help in advance.

Specifications:
Compaq CQ60-615dx
Windows 7 Home Prem. 64-bit
Intel Chipset
2 Gb memory
  • +
    0 Votes
    alanobrien31

I would say that you have some faulty cd/dvd's for the reinstall (it starts up I can see the boot screen but apparently the restore didn't complete cause it says there is nothing to boot to), have you tried another os cd if you have one, xp vista etc... If you can see the bios and the hdd and memory test ok then i would think the disks are faulty.

+
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

if the Windows install copied a corrupted file, because of a scratch or smudge, the OS would not start.

I would also go into the BIOS setup and set it to factory defaults.

Be sure nothing is plugged into the PC when booting, such as a USB printer.

To test the hardware, download and boot some sort of Live Linux distro CD.

Another possibility is that somehow the Windows install went to the wrong partition on the hard drive, or the partition is not active or bootable. But if you are restoring the OS to a partition it was installed before, this is not the issue.

+
    0 Votes
    oldbaritone

Might be that you're missing some manufacturer-specific HDD controller drivers, or another missing driver, and Windows is waiting for that driver to become ready - which it never will.

Do you have a Compaq drivers disk? Try loading that during boot, using F6.

• +
    0 Votes
    alanobrien31

I would say that you have some faulty cd/dvd's for the reinstall (it starts up I can see the boot screen but apparently the restore didn't complete cause it says there is nothing to boot to), have you tried another os cd if you have one, xp vista etc... If you can see the bios and the hdd and memory test ok then i would think the disks are faulty.

+
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

if the Windows install copied a corrupted file, because of a scratch or smudge, the OS would not start.

I would also go into the BIOS setup and set it to factory defaults.

Be sure nothing is plugged into the PC when booting, such as a USB printer.

To test the hardware, download and boot some sort of Live Linux distro CD.

Another possibility is that somehow the Windows install went to the wrong partition on the hard drive, or the partition is not active or bootable. But if you are restoring the OS to a partition it was installed before, this is not the issue.

+
    0 Votes
    oldbaritone

Might be that you're missing some manufacturer-specific HDD controller drivers, or another missing driver, and Windows is waiting for that driver to become ready - which it never will.

Do you have a Compaq drivers disk? Try loading that during boot, using F6.