Questions

Why does my HP 5650 Deskjet not print all of my document?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Why does my HP 5650 Deskjet not print all of my document?

mathisdispatch
I just upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and my documents aren't printing the top part of my documents. It's like the hole page got moved up a half inch when it prints.
  • +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

I would assume you are using a current Win64 version of the print driver for that device?

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

And while you check that have you actually looked at your documents in the Preview Pane?

It could very well be that the document is above the top margin and doesn't get printed for that reason.

Col.

+
    0 Votes
    hsmithdp

Once you verify your driver. Check your print margins. Upgrading the Operating System can make minor changes in other programs.

+
    0 Votes
    mathisdispatch

USB,
    BTW, My documents printed fine on my printer when I used an older machine.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Yes I realize that your documents may have printed fine on the old computer. But this is a new computer with different software which doesn't mean that the same documents will print the same or even look the same.

When you make Major Changes you need to go to all of the new software and make sure that you have the same settings in them as there was in the old programs. Little thing like Paper Size can make a major difference so if you have Letter Paper set as the Default Paper Size and have A4 Paper in the Printer you will get a difference. To the older program where you had changed the default to A4 from Letter.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    hsmithdp

I also notices that someone else had a similar issue after upgrading to win 7 they actually had to remove the print catridges and reseat then catrriges and realign the heads. This fixed thier issue

• +
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

I would assume you are using a current Win64 version of the print driver for that device?

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

And while you check that have you actually looked at your documents in the Preview Pane?

It could very well be that the document is above the top margin and doesn't get printed for that reason.

Col.

+
    0 Votes
    hsmithdp

Once you verify your driver. Check your print margins. Upgrading the Operating System can make minor changes in other programs.

+
    0 Votes
    mathisdispatch

USB,
    BTW, My documents printed fine on my printer when I used an older machine.

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Yes I realize that your documents may have printed fine on the old computer. But this is a new computer with different software which doesn't mean that the same documents will print the same or even look the same.

When you make Major Changes you need to go to all of the new software and make sure that you have the same settings in them as there was in the old programs. Little thing like Paper Size can make a major difference so if you have Letter Paper set as the Default Paper Size and have A4 Paper in the Printer you will get a difference. To the older program where you had changed the default to A4 from Letter.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    hsmithdp

I also notices that someone else had a similar issue after upgrading to win 7 they actually had to remove the print catridges and reseat then catrriges and realign the heads. This fixed thier issue