Questions

Windows 2000 Internet explorer browser error

+
0 Votes

Windows 2000 Internet explorer browser error

neelam.das
I have a pc installed with win2000, not connected to any domain, but i am unable to open the add/remove program. With that whenever i try to access internet explorer there i am unable to open a link by right clicking on any link. Printing the page is not possible. if i download a pdf attachemnet it open in corropted format. Wht could be the possible reason. need your help and suggestion

Thanks
Natraj
  • +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

How long has it been since you visited Windows Update to download critical patches? What service pack are you on?

Also, how long has it been since you did a full system scan for viruses? Do you have anti-virus and anti-spyware software installed? The symptoms you describe sound as if your system isn't "clean".

+
    0 Votes
    tintoman

I reckon you need to drag your computing life into the 21st Century my friend, you can't really expect modern websites to function properly with what cant be any better than IE6 I would guess?
    You cannot run later versions of IE on your Win 2K system but you should at least be sure you have it up to date, also I agree with ThumbsUp you do seem to show signs of a virus or spyware.
    Come and join us in 2007 alright almost 2008 upgrade to at least XP for goodness sake!!

+
    0 Votes
    squirrelonfire

Do you still see your Control Panel?
    How aobut what happen when you press

Windows + R and type regedit
    Ctr + Alt + Del

If none of those work, you definitely have 1 of those ridiculous viruses. I've fixed (partially) computers infected w/ viruses that give you those symptoms.
    Here is 1 tool that might help you. NAV or McAfee won't see the virus you are having.

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

• +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

How long has it been since you visited Windows Update to download critical patches? What service pack are you on?

Also, how long has it been since you did a full system scan for viruses? Do you have anti-virus and anti-spyware software installed? The symptoms you describe sound as if your system isn't "clean".

+
    0 Votes
    tintoman

I reckon you need to drag your computing life into the 21st Century my friend, you can't really expect modern websites to function properly with what cant be any better than IE6 I would guess?
    You cannot run later versions of IE on your Win 2K system but you should at least be sure you have it up to date, also I agree with ThumbsUp you do seem to show signs of a virus or spyware.
    Come and join us in 2007 alright almost 2008 upgrade to at least XP for goodness sake!!

+
    0 Votes
    squirrelonfire

Do you still see your Control Panel?
    How aobut what happen when you press

Windows + R and type regedit
    Ctr + Alt + Del

If none of those work, you definitely have 1 of those ridiculous viruses. I've fixed (partially) computers infected w/ viruses that give you those symptoms.
    Here is 1 tool that might help you. NAV or McAfee won't see the virus you are having.

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php