Questions

Answer for:

Windows 2003 domain Setup

Message 5 of 5

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
modell

I know it has been a good year since this post was active but I just came across it and felt that I needed to comment for any other people that might feel the same as jpenrose. First off I want to state that I am a strong Microsoft advocate and use their software as much as I can. I have been in the industry for over twelve years and have found that you get what you pay for.

With that said, comments like this is what justifies people going to open source products. At least the open source advocates and communities are somewhat helpful in their posts. They understand that for their products to grow they have to share their knowledge and not say "I get paid blah blah blah for doing this type of work so why should I give you the answer". If you don't want to answer the guy's question then don't but the least you could do is point him in the right direction to get the answers he is looking for. Refer the poster to a good System Admin Book so he can read and get the knowledge you hold so dear. People like this is what runs new rookie system administrators right into the arms of the open source communities.

Nothing can be gained by Empire Building, share the knowledge and grow the product.