Questions

Windows Server 2003 problem after Service Pack 2

+
0 Votes

Windows Server 2003 problem after Service Pack 2

allison_pitcher
I work on a network with Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2000 clients. Recently we installed Service pack 2 and now we are finding that Group Policy is not being applied. Software isn't loading on new clients. Script files aren't being executed. Does anyone know of a possible cause and/or fix for this?

Al
+
0 Votes
shr3d5

I'd go to add/remove programs, find Windows 2003 Server SP-2 and hit uninstall. It causes random blue screens for whatever reason, where I've had SP-1 running for years now and never once had any issues with it whatsoever.

+
0 Votes
khan.shahbaz

hi buddy!

I have also checked windows 2k3 with service pack 2. when i install service pack 2 my business application does not work but when i remove the service pack it works.

looking for you suggestions.

+
0 Votes
bart777

I just went thru a wek of trouble shooting some fun problems with a post SP2 program issue. In my case updating with all of the post SP2 updates, both critical and security, my problem was resolved.

I would start there. If you STILL cannot get the servers and applications to behave then I would also suggest that you back this service pack out. If you have to go this far I hope you have a test server that you cant experiment with so that you can find the offending part of teh patch and get if fixed.

Best of luck.