Questions

Windows Server 2003 problem with network after SP2 installation

+
0 Votes

Windows Server 2003 problem with network after SP2 installation

airhandlers
None of our network users are able to access the server after installing SP2. A pop-up says "you might not have permission to use this network resource. Can anyone tell me how to solve this.
  • +
    0 Votes
    bart777

I've seen a couple of occasions when SP2 turned on the firewall service. Quite a PITA.

I'm assuming that the server seems to be behaving normally in other respects. If not then you might want to back out the SP.

+
    0 Votes
    RTHJr

Yes, I had just run into the very issue last night and did not realize the firewall was up. In troubleshooting I was getting a lot of domain does not exist from various support utilities.

• +
    0 Votes
    bart777

I've seen a couple of occasions when SP2 turned on the firewall service. Quite a PITA.

I'm assuming that the server seems to be behaving normally in other respects. If not then you might want to back out the SP.

+
    0 Votes
    RTHJr

Yes, I had just run into the very issue last night and did not realize the firewall was up. In troubleshooting I was getting a lot of domain does not exist from various support utilities.