Questions

Windows XP BSOD messages - STOP: 0x0000000A - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

+
0 Votes

Windows XP BSOD messages - STOP: 0x0000000A - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

roger.vargas.jr
Hello, unfortunately, I've received the dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) a few days ago!

I?m getting the blue screen everytime I try to shut down my computer. Everything seems to be fine when I log back in. I?ve tried just about anything I could that I had researched. I currently have a Dimension 8400 from DELL and have Windows XP.

The blue screen is similar to the one shown as an example by a post done by Greg Shultz sometime ago. See Link (http://content.techrepublic.com.com/2346-10878_11-3881.html) I get this when I shut down. Everything is almost all the same except the last parameter under Technical Information:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x000000B0, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804EF370)

Any technical help will totally be appreciated.

Thanks!
Roger
  • +
    0 Votes
    myprivatebuddy

Hi,

I know this doesn't help. But I received the same problem last week also and have not been able to figure out what's wrong. Have you installed anything new in the last two weeks? Maybe we both did and so have the same problem. Also, maybe something in windows got updated and some program we both have is out of date and no longer works correctly.

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop running Windows XP. I get the same BSOD with a different last parameter - the invalid memory address access I think - every time I shut down. Mine was at 0x804EF220 for the first ten or so shutdowns but then changed to 0x804EF3EE and I'm not sure why. And shutting down in safe mode gets me 0x80506DCD.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ryan

+
    0 Votes
    akbarmails

Change the RAM.

www.akbarthegreat.com

+
    0 Votes
    navekum

I am also facing the same problem. Have you got a solution to this ?

Thanks
    Naveen

+
    0 Votes
    myprivatebuddy

Hi all,

Here is the solution to the problem that I forgot to post here. Follow the instructions here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/561391-solved-stop-0x0000000a-0x000000bo-blue.html

The problem is a Sony HandyCam driver. sonypvl3.sys I think. Uninstall all the Sony Handycam/Picture Package software, reboot, then go to ad/remove programs again and uninstall the sony handycam drivers which for some reason weren't uninstalled the first time, reboot again, and hopefully it should be ok.

+
    0 Votes
    rick123

Thank you. It was the drivers remaining on the system just as you said. I had 2 still listed. Not even our camera, son brought it home to edit a group project. Thank you! Rick

+
    0 Votes
    nybob10

thanks !!!

+
    0 Votes
    oneashish9

the blue screen error 0x0000000A is caused sometimes because of the drivers.. so you can try system restore in safe mode.. select the date only if u think that the system was working fine on that particular date.. and if it still doesn't help then try to check on the bluescreen itself if it gives u the name of any driver.. if u r able to locate that then roll bak that driver in safe mode.. try this it should help.. reply me whether it works on not..

• +
    0 Votes
    myprivatebuddy

Hi,

I know this doesn't help. But I received the same problem last week also and have not been able to figure out what's wrong. Have you installed anything new in the last two weeks? Maybe we both did and so have the same problem. Also, maybe something in windows got updated and some program we both have is out of date and no longer works correctly.

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop running Windows XP. I get the same BSOD with a different last parameter - the invalid memory address access I think - every time I shut down. Mine was at 0x804EF220 for the first ten or so shutdowns but then changed to 0x804EF3EE and I'm not sure why. And shutting down in safe mode gets me 0x80506DCD.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ryan

+
    0 Votes
    akbarmails

Change the RAM.

www.akbarthegreat.com

+
    0 Votes
    navekum

I am also facing the same problem. Have you got a solution to this ?

Thanks
    Naveen

+
    0 Votes
    myprivatebuddy

Hi all,

Here is the solution to the problem that I forgot to post here. Follow the instructions here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/561391-solved-stop-0x0000000a-0x000000bo-blue.html

The problem is a Sony HandyCam driver. sonypvl3.sys I think. Uninstall all the Sony Handycam/Picture Package software, reboot, then go to ad/remove programs again and uninstall the sony handycam drivers which for some reason weren't uninstalled the first time, reboot again, and hopefully it should be ok.

+
    0 Votes
    rick123

Thank you. It was the drivers remaining on the system just as you said. I had 2 still listed. Not even our camera, son brought it home to edit a group project. Thank you! Rick

+
    0 Votes
    nybob10

thanks !!!

+
    0 Votes
    oneashish9

the blue screen error 0x0000000A is caused sometimes because of the drivers.. so you can try system restore in safe mode.. select the date only if u think that the system was working fine on that particular date.. and if it still doesn't help then try to check on the bluescreen itself if it gives u the name of any driver.. if u r able to locate that then roll bak that driver in safe mode.. try this it should help.. reply me whether it works on not..